Explorer Exchange
Tord Hoppe
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tord Hoppe
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

First surface scan not "catching"

Postby Tord Hoppe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:06 am

Sorry for the subject being difficult to understand. I´m out exploring in my Exphauler and sometimes the detailed surface scan completes its thing, the info box on the top right says one thingamaplace scanned, but the scanning process immediately starts over. The target info box on the lover left stays "blank" after the first scan. Is this some sort of random equipment fail thing or bug? Have others experienced it as well?
I´m using a Detailed Surface scanner along with the Advanced Discovery scanner, but they shouldn´t interfere each other.

AndyFM
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: AndyFM

Re: First surface scan not "catching"

Postby AndyFM » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:15 am

This has been happening to me as well with some Detailed scans. I thought it might be to do with server ping/lag or something and when it's finished it gets lost, the server says 'this hasn't been scanned', and the scanner starts again.

The Advanced system scan sometimes fails as well. It'll finish, say x number of objects found in the top right, but nothing shows in the radar/target list/system map, so I need to scan again. For this one I keep thinking i'm hitting the scan too soon on landing in the system (who knows).

Tord Hoppe
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tord Hoppe

Postby Tord Hoppe » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:03 am

Cool, then it´s not just me. It´s no big thing, just wastes some time. :)

CMDR DancingLemur
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DancingLemur

Postby CMDR DancingLemur » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:08 pm

You are definitely not alone...same thing happened to me as well, both with ADS and DSS. It's pretty annoying. :|

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:35 pm

I think this error came in somewhere about 1.2.5, it's not consistent and I've been trying to see if I can see what causes it. It is annoying when I have timed the perfect flyby scan and I have to take avoiding action because it hasn't caught. FD must be aware, it is on the bug reporting forum.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:24 pm

Yeah I'm seeing it to and reported it so it would be best of all of us just to keep reporting it when it happens (at least once) so it can be given some attention.
CMDR Emanon

Boozeman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Boozeman

Postby Boozeman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi there,

Annoying thing that happened to me when exploring was some tree star system with plenty of planet bodies. So there's system near the main star, system about 70k and system about 500k.

I explored those on that order, do the detailed surface scan even the asteroid belts, cos I hate those Unexplored-tags :-) Then when flying the farest system and check the system map, all that previously detail scanned star system bodies at 70k shows unexplored!

It pisses me of while scanning that 500k system, then jump nearest star and then back to scan that 70k system (To avoid that boring fly in deep space).

rinku
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Marqo D'Maryn

Postby rinku » Fri May 22, 2015 10:34 pm

It's a bug that's been around since Beta. At least now it only happens now and then - at one time it was *every* scan.

I suspect the current version has something to do with occasional packet loss when verifying the scan with the central server and may not be very fixable.

At least, as a bug, it doesn't really break immersion. Some scans just take longer than others.

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jeffers2112 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:48 am

Yep, I see that too sometimes. I've had it ping and say analyzing scan but then it just starts the scan again. It's a bit annoying but all it does is waste a bit of time....

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:43 pm

I've had this happening with detailed scans for quite some time now.

It seems to me that it is happening more since 1.3 came out. I just decided it was some kind of server issue because of everyone getting online to upgrade & play the new version. Hopefully it will go back to a normal rate soon.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Return to “Explorer Exchange”