CMDR DancingLemur
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DancingLemur
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR DancingLemur - first voyage into the unknown

Postby CMDR DancingLemur » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:09 am

Hello fellow commanders,
so after earning needed credits from bounty hunting, I bought a Cobra and fitted the ship for exploring (I call her Morris :D ). First stop Taurus Dark Region, there's small nebula out there, alas no systems in that cloud. Second stop was Hind nebula with the known T Tauri binary system. I'm currently heading for Rigel system.

I've already managed to discover my first Earth-like planet (not discovered by anyone else, hope I earn some fame for it), several giants with water based life and ammonia life.

So far no accidents.

I have one Q for fellow explorers, how common is high metal content planet with oxygen atmosphere? I have found plenty of HMC but only one with this kind of atmosphere.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Re: CMDR DancingLemur - first voyage into the unknown

Postby Emanon » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Sorry can't answer your rarity question other than to say I've only found a couple HMC planets with O2, but that's out of approx 50 discovered.

Stay safe out there and make it to civilized space so u can get the "discovered" tags and all cartography sales!

As a funny aside, when I was only about 300 lys out of civilIzed space my first time exploring i found my first to discover system, a measly 2 stars... I still went back to sell that data because I didn't want to lose it. (Was such a noob! :) )
CMDR Emanon

CMDR DancingLemur
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby CMDR DancingLemur » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:41 am

Looks like they can be pretty rare as I've stumbled across many more, but none with oxygen atmosphere. Yesterday I made it through Rigel, Witch Head, Spirograph and NGC1999 nebula to EZ Orionis. Nice sightseeing tour, although frequently used it seems - many systems already discovered.

And the journey continues....

CMDR DancingLemur
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby CMDR DancingLemur » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:59 am

After two and a half week I have finally landed back in my "home" system - Khaka.

Profit: 12,5 mil Cr
Systems visited: approx. 600
Ship integrity: 32%
Farthest destination reached: Hubble's variable nebula

Through my voyage, I've discovered four earth likes, two ammonia worlds (one was ringed), many giants with water based life and water worlds, countless HMC and MR planets. Also scanned few neutron stars and black holes. Jumping to system with NS as a main body is somehow scary I must say :o). Also found one Wolf Rayet, Herbig Ae/Be star, C- star and S star.

S-Star:
Distance form the star - 4,4k Ls.

System map - the two nearest "gas giants" where so near, that I nearly cooked my ship during the DSSing. :D

And that's it. My first exploration tour is over. For now, I need some break, in the end the vastness of our Galaxy started to getting on my nerves and I swear, sometimes I heard weird voices out there :shock: . Maybe I 'll head to Almad (although it's Imperial CG :D ).

MAKOstrifeX
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greschalt [BFA]

Postby MAKOstrifeX » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Glad you made it back commander. Nice discovery on the Earth like world too. Me and a friend are going on our first voyages today. We are heading to the Eskimo Nebula. It looks like a cool first place to visit and it's not terribly far. I am a little afraid of fuel scooping :)

CMDR DancingLemur
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby CMDR DancingLemur » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:39 pm

Thanks commander. As for the scooping, it's nothing. Just remember to throttle down to zero while in jump (good for avoiding difficulties while jumping into binary, neutron star, white dwarf or black hole main body systems); KGB FOAM rule for scoopable star classes and while scooping keep an eye on the temperature. Two or three scoops and u will scoop like a pro ;) .

savinup4adeathstar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: SAVINUP4ADEATHSTAR

Re: RE: Re: CMDR DancingLemur - first voyage into the unknown

Postby savinup4adeathstar » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:43 pm

CMDR DancingLemur wrote:After two and a half week I have finally landed back in my "home" system - Khaka.

Profit: 12,5 mil Cr
Systems visited: approx. 600
Ship integrity: 32%
Farthest destination reached: Hubble's variable nebula

Woah, you didn't go out there without an auto maintenance module, did you ? I was once carrying about 4m cr worth of data, when some npc genius decided to interdict me while fuel scooping... :o

CMDR DancingLemur
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: RE: Re: CMDR DancingLemur - first voyage into the unknown

Postby CMDR DancingLemur » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:03 pm

savinup4adeathstar wrote:Woah, you didn't go out there without an auto maintenance module, did you ? I was once carrying about 4m cr worth of data, when some npc genius decided to interdict me while fuel scooping... :o

Actually I did have one, yeah. But it wasn't necessary to use it. The low integrity is common wear/tear, not possible to repair with AFMU I think. Glad that u made it back in one piece after the interdiction.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”