Explorer Exchange
Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Question for fellow explorers?

Postby Senex VII » Tue May 19, 2015 5:12 am

Another thing that might give exploring a boost is if we encourage newcomers by telling them this:
  • They'll probably rise faster in rankings through exploration than through combat or trading.
  • They don't need an expensive ship: start with the humble Hauler with its 27 light year jump.

savinup4adeathstar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: SAVINUP4ADEATHSTAR

Postby savinup4adeathstar » Tue May 19, 2015 9:13 am

That is sadly the approach to exploring. A newcomers profession. I still go on trips from time to time for a more relaxing experience, but the low earnings restrict them to 3 days max for me...

Zieman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zieman

Postby Zieman » Mon May 25, 2015 9:28 am

savinup4adeathstar wrote:That is sadly the approach to exploring. A newcomers profession. I still go on trips from time to time for a more relaxing experience, but the low earnings restrict them to 3 days max for me...
Says the twitch-generation. ;)

I did (most of) my pew-pew during Alpha and Beta, (most of) my trading during Gamma and since release I've been almost exclusively exploring. :)
Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
My Elite: Dangerous videos , All you wanted to know about the game. And more.

savinup4adeathstar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: SAVINUP4ADEATHSTAR

Postby savinup4adeathstar » Mon May 25, 2015 11:16 am

Well, yeah, but we are both hobbyists explorers nowadays :)

If somebody put a gun on our heads and demanded 2+ mil credits within an our we'd probably hop in our trading/fighting vessels.

Wildcatmb
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wildcatmb

Postby Wildcatmb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:03 pm

duckofdeath wrote:
savinup4adeathstar wrote:Interesting. That means exploring could get a boost and actually become a worthy profession. I've spent my early days exploring and right now it doesn't even come close to fighting/trading - but I have zero lvl 3 scans...

Exploration is actually a "fast track" into Elite and the permanent Founders World rebate. You can make Elite in a month while exploring, and by the time you're done you also have around 160M to spend at Jameson Memorial. And you don't even need a fancy 100M+ ship to do that, just a "little" grit. It is after all still thousands of systems you have to visit. :D

I know this is an older thread but what is the significance of Jameson Memorial? I'm thinking of kitting up for a core run and want to know all there is to know before I go.

Thanks,

WC

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:11 am

The default commander name in the original Elite 30 years ago was CMDR Jameson. It is the only reserved name in the game (other than those already taken).

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:40 am

I don't know what you guys don't know, so forgive me if you already know...

It's also Founders World (Jameson is the starport) where you can go once you are Elite in at least one category, or a paid backer from way back before the game was released.

It has ALL modules available, and everything is 10% off. Basically, it's a one stop shop, so instead of searching all over the place for a module, they are all in one place, Jameson.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Wildcatmb
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wildcatmb

Postby Wildcatmb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:29 am

Thanks!!!

Return to “Explorer Exchange”