CMDR Hammerdin here

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
sunhammer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: hammerdin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Hammerdin here

Postby sunhammer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi all,

am really glad to be joining what sounds like a very nice gaming community.

Here's some background for those who are interested: -

I originally played Elite back in the day on a friends Amstrad 464. He lent it to me while I was at home recovering from knee surgery. I was so hyped to play a 3d game in space!

Unfortunately I only managed to play it a couple of times as often the tape loading of the game wouldn't work - 15 minutes of listening to a tape screeching followed by no game. Once I did manage to play I invariably died trying to dock.

Cut to now.

Ended up getting an Oculus just before xmas and bought ED Horizons a couple of weeks ago. Having never played ED and having to try and set it up in VR was a nightmare. I also got voiceattack as I had heard it makes playing in vr a little easier ( it does ). All in all I spent about 10 hours configuring and trying to get the s/w to all work together but on Monday I managed to have my first play after a hotas joystick turned up from amazon.

I managed to do the first training mission, but without having worked out where to or even whether to map jump to a joystick I got stuck on the second mission when it said press 'j' to enter supercruise. My laptop is not really accessible from where I sit and as VA doesnt work in training mode I jumped in and started the game.

Started at LHS 3447 and somehow managed to press FA off and bounced around on the landing pad until my hull integrity was down to 45% before I worked out what I had done. The 1,000 starting money was not enough to fix the damage I had done - doh. Ran some data missions to a nearby system for an hour or so and that is all I have done so far.

The missus is away all day tomorrow so am off to see if I can make some money and try and work out what all the display screens mean. - yaye!

See you out there

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Hammerdin here

Postby GreenViper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Welcome CMDR Hammerdin
Fly safe and CU in the black Void !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Hammerdin.

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:53 am

Hello and welcome to the group Commander Hammerdin.

Return to “Introductions”