CMDR faceindisguise

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
faceindisguise
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: faceindisguise
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR faceindisguise

Postby faceindisguise » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:43 am

I have been playing ED for 2 weeks now and I am about 100 hours in. I bought a HOTAS and now a oculus just because of this game. I have been a fan on space sims since I was a kid and miss the imersion of these kind of games. K/M and gamepad games now feel like kids play. I am a star citizen backer but that game is taking FOREVER to get done so I finally decided to give ED a try and it is fantastic. The only thing that is missing is actual people to play w/ socially. The last game I played (OW) I had about 30 people I played with regularly so I like to play games more socially. This may be the site to hook up with some cats. I am from KCMO and I am about 40 years old, a professional musician, studying Engineering and I make plenty of time for games since the college town I live in North of KC is void of friends for me. Anycase, maybe I'll find some cool cats to geek out with.

faceindisguise

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR faceindisguise

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:56 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander faceindisguise.

Glad to see that you are having so much fun in E-D that you bought a HOTAS and HMD. 8-) Please don't tell my wife about all the things I've bought for E-D. (video card, monitor, 2 HOTAS, vive, headphones, lots of paint packs, etc, etc. ) :lol:

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

faceindisguise
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: faceindisguise
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby faceindisguise » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:06 am

Sure, is you in game name inara? I am having some kind of issue w/ discord with people being able to hear me but I can't hear them. I'll try to work that out. It's been a while since I have done teamspeak. I'll only tell your wife about the paint....LOL

Peace,
faceindisguise

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:10 am

faceindisguise wrote:Sure, is you in game name inara? I am having some kind of issue w/ discord with people being able to hear me but I can't hear them. I'll try to work that out. It's been a while since I have done teamspeak. I'll only tell your wife about the paint....LOL

Peace,
faceindisguise

My in-game name is JohnLuke. Inara is a website that is used by several of us to make the signature image that I utilize, and many many other things. ;)

Weird that you're having trouble with discord. It's usually very simple to get up and running. I hope you get it worked out soon.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Introductions”