CMDR ED LAVE SEEKS SANCTUARY IN MOBIUS!

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
ED LAVE
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ED LAVE
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR ED LAVE SEEKS SANCTUARY IN MOBIUS!

Postby ED LAVE » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:13 pm

Hi there. I'm CMDR Ed Lave. Many years ago I completed the original Elite using a BBC 32K and cassette player back in the mid 80s. I was 'spawned' at Lave station back then hence the CMDR name. In Elite Dangerous I miss the Thargoids which tormented me and lost me many playing hours in the original game, often they dumped me out of hyperspace range of any system in whichever of the 8 galaxies I happened to be in, self-destruct being the only option. They were great fun though...

I've joined Mobius because a troll/AH with an engineered something or other just blew my A-rated Anaconda to pieces in 15 seconds on a trading CG which to be honest is sad, it's not the point of Elite and I feel sorry for him or her that they think shooting fish in a barrel is 'fun'.

I also joined Mobius because the original Elite was of course offline and I liked the solitude, but Mobius should give a nice community element without all the crap.

Anyway, hopefully see you round the galaxy, my home system is Cemiess and I bat for the dark side, for fun of course. Only doing text chat at the moment.

Cheers. Ed.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: CMDR ED LAVE SEEKS SANCTUARY IN MOBIUS!

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:52 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Ed Lave.

Sorry to hear about the ass hat that blew up your conda. That's one of the main reasons that most of us are in this group.

I'm based in the same neighborhood as you. I'm in Dvorsi. Just a quick few hops from Cemiess. Let me know if you want to wing up sometime for RES hunting, SRV shenanigans, or whatever. :)

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
Xbox EU and Xbox US

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:01 pm

Cool name - very fitting or Elite!

Pretty much everyone here joined for the same reason - too many jerks around. ;)
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Mobius » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Thargoid Killer '86 wrote:
I also joined Mobius because the original Elite was of course offline and I liked the solitude, but Mobius should give a nice community element without all the crap.

Cheers. Ed.

That's pretty much the reason I started the group, multiplayer was always on the cards but even during the early alpha it was obvious that there were players that had no interest in the elite lore, thankfully there is a basic group management tool that now allows me to police the group and ban unwanted players from ever returning.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Yeah, us "old guys" don't know how to play modern computer games. :roll:

Welcome to the group.
It's time to give this another go.

ED LAVE
Harmless
Harmless

Postby ED LAVE » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:10 am

JohnLuke wrote:Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Ed Lave.

Sorry to hear about the ass hat that blew up your conda. That's one of the main reasons that most of us are in this group.

I'm based in the same neighborhood as you. I'm in Dvorsi. Just a quick few hops from Cemiess. Let me know if you want to wing up sometime for RES hunting, SRV shenanigans, or whatever. :)

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.

Thanks! No probs with the Anaconda, 26m to rebuy but it's a learning curve after all. For Frontier to encourage that to happen is just ridiculous. They have to remember that we slightly older players are more committed for the long haul and have more money to spend.

Dvorsi is just a hop away, Fowler orbital i think?, i go there quite a bit trying to build up rep in case Cemiess goes into lockdown again, ditto Azrael. It'll take me a while to understand how this forum and player group stuff works but I'm sure i'll get the hang of it :-D

ED LAVE
Harmless
Harmless

Postby ED LAVE » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:13 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Yeah, us "old guys" don't know how to play modern computer games. :roll:

Welcome to the group.

Thanks! My teemage nephew lives on his x-box, he's learning slowly that kids younger than him now think he's old and past it. It's quite amusing to watch.

ED LAVE
Harmless
Harmless

Postby ED LAVE » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:17 am

Mobius wrote:
Thargoid Killer '86 wrote:

Cheers. Ed.

That's pretty much the reason I started the group, multiplayer was always on the cards but even during the early alpha it was obvious that there were players that had no interest in the elite lore, thankfully there is a basic group management tool that now allows me to police the group and ban unwanted players from ever returning.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. You must be very busy. I need to dig out The Dark Wheel off the shelf and do some revision!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:32 am

Thargoid Killer '86 wrote:Dvorsi is just a hop away, Fowler orbital i think?, i go there quite a bit trying to build up rep in case Cemiess goes into lockdown again, ditto Azrael. It'll take me a while to understand how this forum and player group stuff works but I'm sure i'll get the hang of it :-D

Yup, a hop or so to Fowler from Cemiess. I spent a lot of time in and out of Cemiess back in the day when I was doing trade runs in a Python. Great "human relocation kit" trade runs there. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Introductions”