Greetings!

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Evolution
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Evolution
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Greetings!

Postby Evolution » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Hello Commanders,

I've been in the Mobius group for a few weeks now, spoken to some of you, invited my mrs to join; and thought it's time I said hello :).

I've been playing for 2 years (beta backer) and love the immersion elite has to offer. I've mainly played solo (until joining Mobius), building up a gallery of 1200 uhd screenshots.

My rankings so far are:
Elite in combat,
Entrepreneur in trade,
Elite in exploration
Champion in CQC,
King in the Empire
Admiral in the Federation

I've built myself an immersive setup using 55" curved uhd TV with trackir or using the Vive instead.
I've also got a Kor-fx vest and subpac s2 haptic feedback kits, x52 pro and saitek pro flight pedals. Before elite I'd only ever used a keyboard and mouse!

I've (finally) got my mrs playing (CMDR BethanS) and got her an x52 pro and vive, with a new pc arriving in a week! I've also managed to get colleagues to join from 2 jobs by spreading the good word of elite :).

I'm currently focusing on permit access, then trade but will get a lot more involved after then :).

Just an intro for now but will look forward to seeing you online. Please feel free to add me. Fly safe

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Greetings!

Postby Xebeth » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:18 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Evolution

That's quite an impressive set-up you have there.

Please feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

and check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:25 pm

Welcome to the group. We're glad you found us! :D

It sounds like you are quite addicted to E-D, just like myself and many others here.

Hella nice setup you've got there! And.... having a supportive wife to boot is fantastic. 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Evolution
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Evolution » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:36 am

Thanks very much Xebeth,

I've added a comment to the friends list, send a Facebook request and will read up about the policy on my way to work :).

It's refreshing to find so many active people after being stuck in solo for so long!

JohnLuke wrote:Welcome to the group. We're glad you found us! :D

It sounds like you are quite addicted to E-D, just like myself and many others here.

Hella nice setup you've got there! And.... having a supportive wife to boot is fantastic. 8-)

Yes indeed mate, as am I! :)

Haha, yes I may of developed OCD since playing ED xD. I'd moved across England so didn't have a lot to do outside of work. I was previously just watching TV / or playing star trek online until my manager told me about Elite Dangerous. It gave me something constructive and Sci-fi related to focus on (which I've always loved).

Oh believe me, I'd tried for a long time and it didn't always look hopeful, but perseverance always eventually pays off lol. She's really started enjoying it.

Do you know anyone from RL who play?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:41 am

Evolution wrote:Do you know anyone from RL who play?

No, sadly I don't. I have some gamer friends at work but they are into Arc and some FPS type games. None of them have the interest and commitment needed to be good at E-D.

But on the up side, I've made some RL friends while playing E-D in Mobius. :D

Great group of folks here.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Evolution
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Evolution » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:15 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Evolution wrote:Do you know anyone from RL who play?

No, sadly I don't. I have some gamer friends at work but they are into Arc and some FPS type games. None of them have the interest and commitment needed to be good at E-D.

That's a shame, I know what you mean about a lot of peoples play styles such as football or FPS. I've been surprised though as there were 6 people in my previous job - 3 existing, plus I got another 3 to join. There's 1 chap in my new job who's very casual, 2 people who are 'interested' but need new PC's and I've managed to spread the word to one work mate who's only just joined a few days ago! (I also recommended him to Mobius).

JohnLuke wrote: But on the up side, I've made some RL friends while playing E-D in Mobius. :D

Great group of folks here.

Happy days. Yeah I've met a few decent people already on my travels :). Looking forward to meeting more of the group. Thanks mate. Fly safe

Return to “Introductions”