Finding friends is a like painite

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Finding friends is a like painite

Postby TorTorden » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:21 pm

I'm worried this makes me sound awfully uppity or whatnot.

I just happen to have a lot of credits because I have also clocked almost 1500 hours in game now..
Anyone should have a couple of billion (probably more if the apply themselves) I have mostly just been having fun, granted there has been a few high cred/hour activities in there.

It all just means I can happily wing up with anyone. I certainly don't mind flying small ships even though I have all the big ones too ;)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Morgan Bateson
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Morgan Bateson
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Morgan Bateson » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:38 pm

TorTorden wrote:I certainly don't mind flying small ships even though I have all the big ones too ;)

Hey if you've got it, flaunt it :)

"Captain, do you know what year this is?"
"Of course I do. It's 2278."

– Jean-Luc Picard and Morgan Bateson, 2368 ("Cause and Effect")

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:42 pm

TorTorden wrote:I'm worried this makes me sound awfully uppity or whatnot.

I just happen to have a lot of credits because I have also clocked almost 1500 hours in game now..
Anyone should have a couple of billion (probably more if the apply themselves) I have mostly just been having fun, granted there has been a few high cred/hour activities in there.

It all just means I can happily wing up with anyone. I certainly don't mind flying small ships even though I have all the big ones too ;)

How can someone in the A-Team sound uppity? I don't think it's possible. :P

Anyone that has done a bit of research on E-D trade rank can easily see from your signature that you've made at least $1B from trading, since you're Elite ranked. I'm only about half way through Tycoon, so ...... my hat is off to you for that accomplishment and you deserve the financial rewards that come with it.

With that said... I've made quite a bit of cash from blowing ships up and I'm more than happy to wing up with anyone at any skill level to blow more ships up. :evil: :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:20 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
TorTorden wrote:I'm worried this makes me sound awfully uppity or whatnot.

How can someone in the A-Team sound uppity? I don't think it's possible. :P

Anyone that has done a bit of research on E-D trade rank can easily see from your signature that you've made at least $1B from trading, since you're Elite ranked. I'm only about half way through Tycoon, so ...... my hat is off to you for that accomplishment and you deserve the financial rewards that come with it.

With that said... I've made quite a bit of cash from blowing ships up and I'm more than happy to wing up with anyone at any skill level to blow more ships up. :evil: :D

You'd be hard pressed to find a poor Elite Trader. Even if I boned it all up right now, I have almost every ship in game purchased and stored, with 20-30 other backups, I could easily get back from being "poor" inside a day or two. Once that sweet Panther XL is released, well I'll be even less not-broke.

Having that cash made dogfighting much more fun for me. I grinded my ass off through trading to afford the ships I wanted, to revenge upon the NPCs that interdicted my bloated whale spacecraft for a thousand hours. :D My Turret-9 outfitted to murder fools was quite a fun ship.

Morgan Bateson
Competent
Competent

Postby Morgan Bateson » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:40 pm

See I thought trading is not the best way to get money quick, and bounty hunting seemed more profitable. But then when I started mining and waited in dock for missions decided mining is the best way to get money.

I understand correctly trading is more profitable then I think? Or do you trade (cough) illegal stuff?

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Well 2.1 was a bit of an upset I guess. The new (not a dead duck in water) AI makes bounty hunting a fair bit harder but still possible for early players.

Haven't tried trading yet after the update (cause I honestly don't need to).
My current assets are a smidgen over 1.9 billion, nearly 400 in walking around money and an assortment of ships.
Clipper, asp X, conda. Vette, cutter , Python etc etc.

In short I do OK;)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:19 pm

Morgan Bateson wrote:See I thought trading is not the best way to get money quick, and bounty hunting seemed more profitable. But then when I started mining and waited in dock for missions decided mining is the best way to get money.

I understand correctly trading is more profitable then I think? Or do you trade (cough) illegal stuff?

I think profitability is somewhat dependent on where you are in progression within the game. In my opinion (and others will certainly have different opinions) if you are flying something that carries less than 100 tons, straight A-B-A route trading is not very profitable. Smaller ships are more geared towards bounty hunting (which isn't as much of a money maker as it was before 2.1), long range smuggling (which can be quite profitable and exciting... and to answer your question, yes 'illegal stuff'), mining, or possibly rares trading which I haven't heard much about in recent months.

Winged bounty hunting can be a solid income source for a newer player. You split the profits with your experienced wingman who can do a lot of the heavy lifting. And yes.... I am volunteering my services to anyone who asks. ;) Newer players tend to fair well at bounty hunting Community Goals, where they can be winged up in large groups most of the time and get fast kills.

A T-6 (and higher) are good money makers for straight point A to point B trade routes. A trade configured Python can make about $3-4mil per hour. A trade Conda will bring in $4.5-6mil per hour, and a Cutter brings home a lot of bacon at $10-12mil per hour.

I did several trade runs last week, and the routes that I've looked at (and used to use frequently pre-2.1) are still solid in our new 2.1 environment.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Morgan Bateson
Competent
Competent

Postby Morgan Bateson » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:29 pm

JohnLuke wrote: T-6 (and higher) are good money makers for straight point A to point B trade routes.

I've managed find trades A-B-A that did about 125k so 250k back and forth. In a T6.

Took me bout 15 min. So that brings in 1 mil per hour. Not taking into account the regular interdictions

So I figured mining and waiting a bit for nice missions was the way to go. Though logging out no longer refreshes the missions as it did before.

Now with my T7 I never tried trading. Mining brings in a steady 3-5 mil a day. Can't get it any higher than that.

So forgot all about trading. Maybe I should park my Vulture for now and dust off the T7

Unserene
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Unserene

Postby Unserene » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Morgan Bateson wrote:And @Darr Valen, I will sure get into that Bluray TNG thanks! ;-)

You may also want to read this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Ship-Line-Star-T ... f_=asap_bc

Has Captain Bateson in it. :)

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:22 pm

Morgan Bateson wrote:I've managed find trades A-B-A that did about 125k so 250k back and forth. In a T6.

Took me bout 15 min. So that brings in 1 mil per hour. Not taking into account the regular interdictions

So I figured mining and waiting a bit for nice missions was the way to go. Though logging out no longer refreshes the missions as it did before.

Now with my T7 I never tried trading. Mining brings in a steady 3-5 mil a day. Can't get it any higher than that.

So forgot all about trading. Maybe I should park my Vulture for now and dust off the T7

A decent large pad trade route should net you at least $3k per ton of profit per loop. The routes that I tend to run are 3-4 hops, and around $3,500-4,000 per ton and take 12-15 minutes per loop.

From doing some quick math and using Coriolis, it looks like a T-7 should net about $2.4-3mil per hour. If you weren't getting that and want more detailed tips, feel free to PM me.

Bottom line.... if you enjoy mining then do it! The game shouldn't be about grinding credits. If you do that for too long it'll suck the fun right out of it. I've enjoyed mining in the past, but will admit that it's been a while. When I was mining, I found a few high-tech and Industrial systems nearby to sell to. After a few sessions your rep with the local factions goes up, and they'll offer you higher paying mining missions. I'd stop by 2 stations, cycle the board a bit and do whatever mining missions came up, then fly to the last (and highest profit per ton) station, hit the BB for a bit then sell the rest. Rinse and repeat.

If you are anywhere near Azrael and want to take your Vulture out for some pew pew, let me know. I'd be happy to wing up for some RES hunting. :evil:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Introductions”