Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Sunrider
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Amonoa Sunrider
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

Postby Sunrider » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:36 am

Howdy,

New player, tryin' to get it together. My wife, 4 of my kids, and a few of my best friends all play. I'm grinding like all heck to get my cutter before the missions and rules change. I enjoy bounty hunting, trading and mining. Also, long missions.

:)

http://inara.cz/cmdr/20898

20898.png
20898.png (116.38 KiB) Viewed 2492 times
"See you, ... out there."
Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:42 am

Welcome to Mobius, Commander Amonoa Sunrider.

Sounds like you've got a great wing of players at your house. :D I do a lot of Haz-RES BH if you want to wing up sometime.

If you are interested in trying a different location and bumping into some other humans, a lot of Mobius commanders hang around our home system of Azrael in Empire space.

Please feel free to add your name to the In game friends list thread, and check out our TeamSpeak servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius. We have our own Discord (voice and text chat) servers for supporters of Mobius, as well as our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Sunrider
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Sunrider » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Quite a welcome, thank you.
I am very interested in finding other players to game with, I'm from MMO's so this group was definitely what I was looking for. What is "Haz-RES BH" I assume BH is bounty Hunting, which I do enjoy. I just outfitted an imperial courier, and I think I'm going to sell my vulture, the courier seems as fit or better for the job.
My speakers feed into the living room, where my fife, kids and best friend play. Is the language on the TS family-friendly? (Sorry to ask, but I've been embarrassed before by some cussing that I think would have raised a marine's eyebrow. And this game does seem to bring out a bit of passion / stress in people. :)

I'm a little laser focused on getting my Imperial Cutter right now. They are going to change the mission rules soon, and I want to get mine before they make it even more difficult. So I'm out at HIP 10716, grinding "Cut the Power" and Performance Reviews. :( But soon it will all be worth it! Woot! (I'm currently at Knight, so it won't be done tomorrow.) ;)

Bob
Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:06 pm

Greetings Commander Amonoa Sunrider,

"Haz-RES BH" is Hazardous Resource Extraction Site Bounty Hunting, RES are found in some of the rings you get around planets, NPCs (and brave players) mine there and as such you get lots of pirates to bounty hunt. The Hazardous versions have no security forces so you are on your own.

The imp courier is a great little ship, but IMHO the vulture is a true killer and great for RES BH'ing.

TS can be, shall we say, mature at times.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:09 pm

Yes you are correct, BH stands for bounty hunting. Haz-RES is for hazardous resource extraction site, which is where a lot of guys do bounty hunting. High and low RES are lower difficulty RES locations.

If you're using TeamSpeak and are on one of the group chat channels, the language can get pretty lively. Probably not the best for a family environment. But if you are using TeamSpeak to wing up with one or two other individuals and they understand that the family can hear everything, it should be just fine. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Burtlez
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CptFandango

Postby Burtlez » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:45 pm

If you frown upon blagging the game then turn away xD

viewtopic.php?f=49&p=58630&sid=3373e3e5472b1ca466440a7ad92e58bf#p58630

this should get you a cutter from knight in couple of hours or to king in maybe five or six hours, just got from prince 10 percent to king in 45 minutes!

Sunrider
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Sunrider » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Xebeth wrote:Greetings Commander Amonoa Sunrider,
The imp courier is a great little ship, but IMHO the vulture is a true killer and great for RES BH'ing.

Ok, this is some of the stuff I was really looking for and makes my family's eyes glaze over when I start asking.
Vulture (My build, I have to shuffle what things stay shut off and on by situation, but she makes a 1-5 million per BH trip in LTT 15574
http://coriolis.io/outfit/vulture/24A5B ... bn=Defiant

Imperial Courier (Only took her out once as POC, she took down 3 clippers, and anaconda, a fer-de-lance, and many lesser ships)
http://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cour ... parrowHawk

So I did take both out, but have far less experience with the courier. The comparison was
compare.JPG
compare.JPG (158.88 KiB) Viewed 2434 times

Aside from armor, which comes into play only when I screw up, what am I missing?
Bob
Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

Sunrider
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Sunrider » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:15 am

Burtlez wrote:If you frown upon blagging the game then turn away xD

viewtopic.php?f=49&p=58630&sid=3373e3e5472b1ca466440a7ad92e58bf#p58630

this should get you a cutter from knight in couple of hours or to king in maybe five or six hours, just got from prince 10 percent to king in 45 minutes!

OM-Gosh! WOW, I did set aside the next couple weeks to get to "Duke" by any means, thank you. BTW, I work at Microsoft in support too (Tier 3, cloud) I have no problem trying this and really hoping it's not nerfed yet! Printed up a copy, and will be following to the letter. I may be naming a ship after you, m8!

Bob
Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:03 am

Sunrider wrote:
So I did take both out, but have far less experience with the courier.

Aside from armor, which comes into play only when I screw up, what am I missing?
Bob

Some of the differences are that the Vulture out maneuvers almost any ship. You can stay 'on target' and behind your target almost all the time. Another difference in that the Vulture has 2 large hardpoints, which are quite effective, IMO.

Your builds look pretty good, and here's mine if you want to consider something a little different.

I don't run upgraded bulkheads to keep the ship as maneuverable as possible.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Sunrider
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Sunrider » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:14 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Sunrider wrote:Your builds look pretty good, and here's mine if you want to consider something a little different.

I don't run upgraded bulkheads to keep the ship as maneuverable as possible.

I hadn't realized the armor would affect the maneuverability, although I should have. It has let me hang in a fire fight longer than she should have, and crawl back to base as the victor. I put scanners on all my ships just because of my playing situation, I get doing something over here, the kids call me over there, the wife wants to do something over yonder, or friends find something up there. And without exploring just flying to and fro to where we're gaming, I've hit 'Trailblazer' :D

There were a couple other things I wanted to try from your build, the chaff and shield cells. Mine is a quick strike predator, she gets behind you and takes out your power supply before you know what happened, yours looks like a fighter. Thanks for the input.

Bob :geek:
Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

Return to “Introductions”