Lion on the prowl ;)

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Lion on the prowl ;)

Postby LionOfNarnia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:22 pm

'sup guys.

Lions are essentially lazy creatures (hey, I would call it efficient), so this is just an edited version of my intro from the official E-D forum....

Hello to all you fellow-travellers of the great ocean

(And to everyone else - the secret is to keep on banging the rocks together, guys)

I first played Elite in 1986, on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum, with wire-frame GFX. Yes, I'm over 18! I was aware of, and excited by, E-D almost from the moment it was announced but a combination of being caught up in the recession & being 'gamed out' after some 3,000 hours of Skyrim meant I didn't purchase it until mid-April. I've lurked this forum quite a bit since then, but didn't feel motivated to join & post until now because I was just to damned busy enjoying the game! But taking some time to let 1.3 'settle down' & carefully decide which power to work with seems prudent right now.

My forum name is NOT my player name, but that won't matter because - for now anyway - I play PvE exclusively. Mostly 'cuz that was the only option from 1986 until now. My forum name is also my twitter handle & forum name on all of the 'crypto-currency' sites I inhabit, so I'm not exactly hard to find 'on Sol' ;)

I currently fly a fully-pimped* Cobra & have about 12 million in the bank. No interest in exploration. In D&D terms, my character would be 'lawful/good'. Don't like slavery, do like 'the right to choose what I put in my body' (4:20 'til I die!) I suppose my fave activity so far has been taking out pirates at RE sites as part of CGs.

My rig is a decent i7 with 12Gb dram & an HD7990, I play on a 32" Samsung HDTV with a 24" 'on the side' for reference pages (Like Thrudd), for control I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS (soon to be replaced by an X-52 pro) & a Razer Nostromo. I'm in the process of getting OpenTrack/FreePIE tuned to my set-up. I don't use voice-control as I like to play LOUD on a Logitech 550w 5.1 surround, with http://www.morrow.com (24/7 prog rock) as the soundtrack to my adventures rather than the in-game stuff.

Keej, that was then & this is now. The idea of still being my own boss, but having a few like-minded souls to chat with, and even co-operate with, is quite appealing. I've seen this group logo at the bottom of enough 'meaningful' posts to know you're kosher, so to quote Shakespeare "Why the furque not?"

See y'all in the Big Black :D

* http://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk_iii/ ... ?bn=Merlin
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Re: Lion on the prowl ;)

Postby Philip Coutts » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Welcome to the forums Commander

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:16 pm

Welcome welcome!

You know, I'm not sure I've actually ever met anyone under the age of 18 on these forums... most of us seem to be a bit further on in life. ;)

And if there are any young'uns that are hiding around here, well they seem to be behaving themselves very well.

Except maybe Kharma. Watch out for Kharma ;)

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Greetings and welcome commander. Sounds like you have a sweet setup and hope to see you out there!

Feel free to add your name to the In game friend list thread and make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.
CMDR Emanon

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master

Postby LionOfNarnia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks, guys :D

I've already added my paw of approval to the friends list, and I read the 'code' before signing up.

Age? I already had a quarter-century under my belt when Elite was first released!

Haven't yet logged into the game to actually join the group - it's too hot to play here (Close to Hadrians' Wall) & anyway, I'm watching England v New Zealand.

E2A - I've now requested membership of mobius, during the inter-innings break. I'll log in later tonight (prolly after the TT coverage) to see if it's been approved, then will likely have a couple of hours of gentle play until maybe 02:00 BST
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Welcome aboard, Commander!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master

Postby LionOfNarnia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Cheers, Flip :D

Any man with an H2G2 quote in his sig is a hoopy frood in my books ;)

.... although I prefer "The guide has some advice to offer on the subject of drunkenness - Go to it, it says, and good luck."

Marl
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Marlin Burrows

Postby Marl » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Welcome to the board. See you out there.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:03 am

LionOfNarnia wrote:.... although I prefer "The guide has some advice to offer on the subject of drunkenness - Go to it, it says, and good luck."

So many fabulous quotes to choose from! :) But I thought the one I'm using was particularly well adapted to the official forum (although I had to remove it from there because of their size limit).
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:46 am

Curiously, a copy of the guide which fell through a wormhole from the distant future described Frontier Developments as "A bunch of mindless jerks who were the first ones against the wall when the revolution came"

PMSL

Return to “Introductions”