PiLhEaD

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
henry1491
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: PiLhEaD
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

PiLhEaD

Postby henry1491 » Sat May 09, 2015 10:05 am

Hi - I just thought I'd pop by to say hello.

So, h e l l o.

I've been in Mobius for a few months now, and have recently noticed a big increase in fellow players on-line - which is great to see - and all I've met have been great for a quick chat, so thanks to all of you for making this the premier Elite experience!

...and to all whose messages I've missed... sorry... I get pretty focussed sometimes, and don't pay nearly enough attention to my comms bar...

Currently, I am in 'Trundle' (my very heavily upgraded T6) hauling rares in and around both Diso and 39 Tauri. I've been interdicted a few times by pesky NPCs, and I have dealt with such rudeness by means of the 'brave Sir Robin' manoeuvre, so, boost-boost-boost-and-away-to-supercruise.

Plans - I have 20Mcr in the bank, so I may upgrade* to an Asp soon... or I may get myself a Vulture and go RES-farming... or I could just wait for the Diamondback to arrive... mmm... or maybe I'll go deep-space in Trundle... ...damn this game...

* I keep my favourite/previous ships, mostly as a form of super-insurance, and partly out of nostalgia.... :roll: My garage currently contains extensively upgraded Cobra and Viper... oh and my freEagle... no idea why I kept that to be honest.

I use EdTracker - yes it looks stupid on my head - but it makes Ed great, I use it with OpenTrack, so that I get roll as well as pitch and yaw. If you've not tried it I can really recommend it. If you're new to it, here's my Elite configuration (for OpenTrack), as a starter to get you going: http://www.mediafire.com/view/v990rxfx5ifqdyd/EliteD.ini

I also have a cheap Thrustmaster HOTAS, so that I can scuff station entrances with precision and ease.

My most recent upgrade was a SoundBlaster Z soundcard and, after on-board sound, this is a revelation - the soundscape has gone from excellent to a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Worth every penny, would buy one again in the blink of an eye... the only downside is that the amount of bass (as well as all that additional detail), when combined with decent headphones, makes headphone wearing a bit tiresome now.

Over and out!

:)

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: PiLhEaD

Postby Flip » Sat May 09, 2015 10:47 am

Hello and welcome to the forum, Commander!

Feel free to add your name to the In game friend list thread and make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

I love the "brave Sir Robin' manoeuvre", BTW! The song immediately popped up into my head. :)

Fly safe! :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: PiLhEaD

Postby Emanon » Sun May 10, 2015 1:54 am

Greetings and welcome commander. Hope to see you out there!
CMDR Emanon

Return to “Introductions”