Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
DustyMongoose30
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DustyMongoose30
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby DustyMongoose30 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Hello everyone, I am DustyMongoose both on forum and in game. I have been playing Elite Dangerous since it's full release and I love it. I would love to play with like minded people who don't want to just blow you out of the sky. I saw the link to this group and would love to be a part of it.

I am 30 years old and live in the US.

I work in surgery and am a mature player who is into as much immersion as possible, but ultimately just want to have fun and make new friends.

Happy flying Commanders!

Bellik Kusoni
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bellik Kusoni

Postby Bellik Kusoni » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:50 am

Hey all, I'm Bellik Kusoni here and ingame. I'm 27 and in the US. Exploration is my main goal, but passenger missions/trading are up there as well. Not a big combat guy. Picked up E:D not long after launch, played for about 15 minutes, and hadn't played it since. I saw the alien encounter video a couple days ago and I was compelled to give the game another go. Spent the last few hours flying around solo and getting used to everything, and I'm enjoying it loads more than I did originally. Looking forward to flying with everyone!

Montem87
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SBU RebelMC087

Postby Montem87 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Hello Cmdrs,

I was told about the wing from someone on Facebook as a suggestion to the problem I have. I was looking for a PVE group that I could join on Xbox. I love the game but I'm a full time working/family man and I didn't want to play open and lose everything I've worked for just because someone wanted a easy kill. I would love to join the private group but I do not know how to request to join it. Thanks in advance for any and all help. o7

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Montem87 wrote:Hello Cmdrs,

I was told about the wing from someone on Facebook as a suggestion to the problem I have. I was looking for a PVE group that I could join on Xbox. I love the game but I'm a full time working/family man and I didn't want to play open and lose everything I've worked for just because someone wanted a easy kill. I would love to join the private group but I do not know how to request to join it. Thanks in advance for any and all help. o7

How to Join Mobius on the Xbox

joining us on the Xbox is both simpler and more complicated at the same time, as its invite only we will need to know your gamer tag so you will either need to join the forums and post a request in the appropriate thread, or join our facebook group and post an invite request.

To join us on the Xbox via our forums:

as with the PC/Mac group you will need to join the the group that best fits the time you play,

first Register as a forum member here (https://elitepve.com)

to join the EU based group you need to post in this Forum with your gamer tag + [Mobius EU] as the post title: here

to join the US based group you need to post in this Forum with your gamer tag + [Mobius US] as the post title: here

To join us on the Xbox via our Facebook group:

send a request to join the facebook group from your account (https://www.facebook.com/groups/699011180175023) once accepted post a hello message giving your gamer tag and the group you wish to join.

with either method of joining, once you post, the relevant group admin will review your request and send you an invite to the group in game.

once you accept you are ready to play.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

FarrSide
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: FarrSide

Postby FarrSide » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi everybody,
Cmdr FarrSide here. I am a late comer to computer gaming. Having discovered Elite Dangerous in November of last year (2016), I was so impressed by the video's of Elite Dangerous on U-Tube, that I went out and built a PC just to play the game. I'm a "mature" player (71 next birthday), so have slightly slower reaction times, this makes combat (for me) somewhat hazardous, expensive and very frustrating. Tried my hand at trading with limited success, then discovered the pleasures of exploration. Still flying my (now A rated) Sidewinder, equipped with A.D.S. and a D.S.S. and hope to eventually work my way up to an Asp Explorer. My "want to have" exploration ship is the Cobra Mk IV, it has the right number of module slots for the job, but sadly, I do not qualify to own one. My ranks at the moment are: Combat = Harmless, Trade = Peddler, Exploration = Pathfinder. I'm quite proud of that last one.
I'm still learning, so any advice or tips would be most welcome and if you happen to be in the NYOROROR system, please look me up.
Fly safe Cmdr's. 07
FarrSide out.
Update: Now flying a Cobra Mk3 (still have the Sidewinder) with an exploration load-out, and reached 34% Ranger. Elite and an Asp X, is getting closer.
Last edited by FarrSide on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davros2000
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Praematurus

Postby Davros2000 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi everyone
Praematurus in game after The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus) by Yes the late Chris Squire was my hero.
I have foolishly join the wrong group (just went online and no one was there then realised my mistake ).
What do I do to switch groups.

Thanks on advance
Davros2000

Moridin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Moridin1313

Postby Moridin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:32 pm

Hello!

CMDR Moridin1313.
I am joining Mobius because I like company of like minded individuals without the nonsense. Been gaming all my life (48) Somehow missed Elite the first time around. I saw the Game advertised as coming to Xbox and bought the GPP as soon as it was available. Main focus on Exploration. This is the game that I have been waiting for my entire life. I look forward to meeting any of you in the black.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Davros2000 wrote:Hi everyone
Praematurus in game after The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus) by Yes the late Chris Squire was my hero.
I have foolishly join the wrong group (just went online and no one was there then realised my mistake ).
What do I do to switch groups.

Thanks on advance
Davros2000

what group did you join? as if you look at our roster it shows everyone offline regardless of status, this feature was turned off due to timeout issues with the server
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Davros2000
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Praematurus

Postby Davros2000 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Ahh I didn't know that I'm in Scotland but I joined Mobius PVE instead of Mobius I then tried to join the correct group but it said it was full.
Thanks for your help

viper1209
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: viper1209

Postby viper1209 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Greetings Commanders,

I'm a 32 years old guy from germany and I play Elite for some month now.
I found this group and really like the idea of playing in a multiplayer world without the risk of being harassed by people who just want to annoy others.

I'm loocking forward to see you in game :)

Return to “Introductions”