Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Malevictus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Malevictus
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Malevictus » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Greeting fellow commanders, i just recently applied to join the Mobius Eurasia group, my in game name is Commander Malevictus.

I'm 41 yrs old, and still relatively new to the game with a little over 300 hours played. I try to do a bit of everything to avoid things becoming stale and decided i'd like to interact with fellow pilots more often in game without the perils of being ganked for the lulz in open play. Looking forward to seeing you folks out in the black,

Alsandr
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alsandr

Postby Alsandr » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:41 am

Greatings commander!
It's honor and pleasure to meet all of you!
See you in the space! Fly safe O7

CMDR Alsandr out.

verbz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: o verbz o
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby verbz » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Greetings from England Cmdr's,

Ive only been playing for 2 weeks now so just scratching the tip of the asteroid so to speak, im enjoying the game that much that after 2 days i stopped playing elder scrolls online and pubg (although i occasionally pop on pubg for a couple of games with my squad)..

I have some sleeping problems so im usually on after 5pm and on up until 8am depending how tired i get, i can occasionally jump on the mic in the evening but tend to not bother as the wife is sat next to me on the sofa playing assassin's creed or fallout 4 so do like to converse until she goes to bed lol..

With me been new to the game i wanted to get used to combat before engaging in pvp, iwas advised on frontier forums by some players to practice in solo before going into open which i think is sound advice to be on form for pirates trying to jump my thrusters...

I feel ive done ok so far in getting a few things, ive got an eagle with some engi done, a vulture with g3 PA's, g4 dirty drags and a few other mods, a dbx for exploring and a type 6 and 7, which ive now upgraded to a type 9 for running medical supplies and 300 mil sat in my wallet ready for when i upgrade to possibly an fdl...

Anyways its a pleasure to meet you all and hopefully see some of you around space when i get approved....

Fly safe.. o7

Drahkarr
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Drahkarr Blackdragon

Postby Drahkarr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:49 pm

Hello all!

Drahkarr Blackdragon on here and in game.

I was completely blown away by Elite Dangerous when I started playing it, and I wish to avoid the bad taste EVE left in my mouth with unmitigated PVE.

I'm a mostly harmless older male from Texas, busy running a business, raising a family, and playing games. I am hoping this will be the beginning of a long lasting relationship!

Drahkarr

Shiro Akai
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Shiro Akai

Postby Shiro Akai » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:50 am

o7 CMDRS,

CMDR Shiro Akai signing in. My in-game name, Mobius forum and ED forum name are all the same. And I have finally decided to join Elite PvE.

I'm a CMDR since Dec. 3302, and been not playing more than playing for the past 15 months. Few months ago, after few months break I changed my approach toward the game and decided to play more regularly. Most of my achievements were made since then. Before my decision I had just DBX, few millions and nothing more. After that I finally finished my Alioth rep run, bought AspX, outfitted her, engineered her and went for a Sag*A journey.

It was Fall, last year. Since then I earned hundreds of millions and spent hundreds of millions, made Alliance and Federation navy ranks and added few ships to my ever growing collection. AS of today I own:
- Adder
- iEagle
- DBX
- iCourier
- AspX
- iClipper
- Python
- Anaconda
- iCutter

Currently working toward credits to fully outfit Cutter as I desire and secure enough funds toward Corvette and possibly T-9/T-10. I consider myself experienced CMDR due to above but there are still things I could use help with, namely bounty hunting combat flying. But that's for the different time.

Why I joined Mobius / Why I picked PvE over PvP?
Well, I'm a lone wolf type of a player and don't like competition oriented activities. It may look weird, solo player in a MP/MMO but I never enjoyed rat race. I like to play at my own pace, doing things I enjoy. So why Mobius. Two reasons:
- no ganking threat from regular Open (main drawback that puts me away from that mode, justified or not), I don't spend my free time to serve as an amusement for others
- being introvert, socially withdrawn I sometimes wish for human interaction. Bad at engaging such interactions tho, distant observant. maybe Mobius will put me more into contact with other CMDRs, even if it just means passing one in the mail slot.

So, greetings and see you in space.

o7
Sierra - Hotel - India

Utor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Utor

Postby Utor » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:39 pm

hello CMDRS am Utor a 52 years old man from Greece and a big fan of space games with countless hours at x games freelancer etc but only about 300 h in elite so I want to play in pve with others In online games I like to play pvp when I want to do so in arenas or battlegrounds not in open so for me pvp in elite is only in CQC if ever want to do so That's all see you in game and fly free

KagatoAC
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: KagatoAC
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby KagatoAC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:13 am

My PSN Handle is KagatoAC, but you can call me Kagato or Rei in game, hope to see you flying, and i'll do my best not to run into anyone while relearning how to fly :D

greetings all, friend of mine who plays this got me to buy it on the PSN sale, reminds me a lot of Escape Velocity, but obviously way better detailed. Seems pretty cool so far tho it really likes just tossing you into the deep to figure out how the controls work :)

as far as why Pve over Pvp, I've been a gamer on Mac and Console for many years, and I hate few things more than trying to do something in a game and getting shot in the back by another player, its ruined many games for me.

TOM-BY69
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TOM-BY69

Postby TOM-BY69 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 am

Hi everybody,

my name is Thomas, im a 48 year old male from Germany - Bavaria, so that's where my commanders name's from.
As many others i came the long way from the early Elite on the C64. After the Amiga with Starglider, Frontier and so on, i bought my first 486-PC mainly because of Wing Commander. Later then followed the X-Series (which was great) and at least i found this little gem here on a steam sale a few weeks ago.
I play First Person Shooters too, like Battlefield Bad Company 2, and i have no problem if i get killed in such games.
But Elite Dangerous is different, the rebuy can ruin your day and being killed without cause quickly takes the fun out of the game.
So that's why i'm here, looking for a way to play without fear of griefers/pk's but have the chance to meet other commanders out there.

Greetings, and see you in space maybe

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:07 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, new commanders.

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

vietjock
Harmless
Harmless

Postby vietjock » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello,

My Cmdr. name is 'vietjock' I have played Elite on and off since its inception on the Bbc computer so that might give you a clue to my age, ha ha.
I am looking forward to meeting some of you out there in the black.

I am Elite in Trade and Combat and have just 2 stages to complete in exploration to get my triple. My favourite ship must be the Federal Gunship closely followed by the Anaconda of which I currently have three. One for combat, one for 'goiding' and one for exploration. I play most days for at least an hour and sometimes more.
o7 to all

Iain MacVicar.

Return to “Introductions”