ENDED - Economic Armaments (preparing for Diamondback production)

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

ENDED - Economic Armaments (preparing for Diamondback production)

Postby Senex VII » Sun May 17, 2015 8:17 pm

This is a trading goal at Wolf 406, not announced on Galnet.

This community goal finished today, 23 May 3301, at 16:11

ECONOMIC ARMAMENTS

Wolf 406, Hamilton gateway

Earn rewards by supplying Metals to Hamilton Gateway

The Wolf 406 Transport Co is pleased to announce the formation of a new partnership with Lakon Spaceways. The deal, which will see Hamilton gateway become one of the largest producers of the Lakon Diamondback class starship, is expected to be worth trillions of credits to the local economy.

There is however, one small problem. Lakon Spaceways has insisted that the shipyards aboard Hamilton Gateway be made ready for large scale production within the next two weeks, or else the deal will be off.

If the Lakon contract is lost, other recently acquired contracts may also come under threat. As such, the Wolf 406 Transport Co Corporation is currently offering a number of bonuses to any pilot who can help supply the Metals needed for the ongoing refurbishment effort.

In order to earn personal bonuses you must sign up as an active particpant before selling Metals to Hamilton Gateway. Only Metals sold after signing up will be counted towards your personal contribution total.

Tiers: 5
Tier 5 tonnage: 10 million.
Tiers are evenly spaced at 2 million tonne intervals.

Expiry date: May 29th.

COMPLETE.

• Tonnes collected: 10,011,620
  • Contributors: 3,438.
    • Global rewards: Contract fulfilled. Diamondback discount (20%)
    • Top 5%: 16,000,000 Cr + global awards
    • Top 15%: 12,000,000 Cr + global awards
    • Top 40%: 8,000,000 Cr + global awards
    • Top 70%: 4,000,000 Cr + global awards
    • Top 100%: 250,000 Cr + global awards

Last edited by Senex VII on Mon May 25, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Zefod
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zefod

Re: Economic Armaments (preparing for Diamondback production)

Postby Zefod » Mon May 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Tier one reached! We need full Galnet exposure and more mail slot mayhem :D

only 975 contributors so far...

Senex VII
Novice
Novice

Postby Senex VII » Mon May 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks for the update. OP edited. :)

When The Valkyrie has finished preparing for the president, and she's no longer in danger of slipping back from the top 15%, she will retire to Irkutsk and The Burrito will be on her way to join friends at Wolf 406.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Mon May 18, 2015 3:11 pm

Senex VII wrote:When The Valkyrie has finished preparing for the president, and she's no longer in danger of slipping back from the top 15%

there's a pretty good shipyard and outfitters at Wolf 406's station. i've made myself another Vulture and also a Hauler taxi; when the trade grind gets too boring, there's a RES at Wolf 406 and the bounties it earns are Alliance bounties. kill a few ships, haul a few loads, and when i have enough bounties the Hauler will need only a few jumps to reach 78 Ursae Majoris to cash them in. (also added discovery and surface scanners to the Hauler for a little extra sauce on my exploration stats)

the money for the actual trades at Wolf 406 doesn't seem very inspiring, then again perhaps the route i chose is shit.** - i make more money on the return journey carrying Mineral Extractors to (Cartwright in LTT-something, just above Wolf 406) than i do on the run into Wolf 406 with Palladium/Silver/Cobalt.

** yes it was. Cupinook is a better source system, but the earnings are still relatively small
Last edited by clivewil on Tue May 19, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

RogueZephyr
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ValTomiana

Postby RogueZephyr » Mon May 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Just out of interest, how do you find these events? Are they announced or do you just stumble across them in the course of play.
-I fly the ocean black, and my little ship goes warp 10-
-Theres nothing that we lack (unless theres something we've forgotten)-

Senex VII
Novice
Novice

Postby Senex VII » Mon May 18, 2015 4:34 pm

clivewil wrote:
Senex VII wrote:When The Valkyrie has finished preparing for the president, and she's no longer in danger of slipping back from the top 15%

there's a pretty good shipyard and outfitters at Wolf 406's station. i've made myself another Vulture and also a Hauler taxi; when the trade grind gets too boring, there's a RES at Wolf 406 and the bounties it earns are Alliance bounties. kill a few ships, haul a few loads, and when i have enough bounties the Hauler will need only a few jumps to reach 78 Ursae Majoris to cash them in. (also added discovery and surface scanners to the Hauler for a little extra sauce on my exploration stats)

the money for the actual trades at Wolf 406 doesn't seem very inspiring, then again perhaps the route i chose is shit. i make more money on the return journey carrying Mineral Extractors to (Cartwright in LTT-something, just above Wolf 406) than i do on the run into Wolf 406 with Palladium/Silver/Cobalt.

The Hauler does indeed make a great taxi. :) (Though I've been known to use an Asp because they're at 20% discount from Irkutsk.) As long as I can swap The Burrito's B5 fuel scoop back and forth for an E5 cargo rack at Wolf 406's outfitters, I'll be OK.

I've heard about this "boredom" thing. Seems to be something other people suffer. Not something I've ever had. ;)

Looks like trading at Wolf 406 will be around 200,000 Cr per round trip, single jump each way. Not great, but better than a poke in the eye. :D

Senex VII
Novice
Novice

Postby Senex VII » Mon May 18, 2015 4:43 pm

RogueZephyr wrote:Just out of interest, how do you find these events? Are they announced or do you just stumble across them in the course of play.

Normally they're on Galnet. This one wasn't. Someone did indeed stumble across it in the course of their play. And then they announced it on the Frontier forums. Originally they gave it its own thread, but then it got included in the standard Community Goal thread.

I strongly recommend keeping an eye on the main Frontier CG thread. There's a summary of current CGs in the opening post of that thread. It's fan/community sourced and updated, though arguably there should be a thorough and definitive list promulgated by Frontier. But maybe they're bringing in the real world feel of gossip and hearsay - which is a good excuse for laziness. ;)

IronLich
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: IronLich

Postby IronLich » Thu May 21, 2015 3:02 pm

On to Tier 4, and a 9% discount!

Arms.jpg
Arms.jpg (98.27 KiB) Viewed 3249 times

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Thu May 21, 2015 6:12 pm

there was a real interesting glitch with the AI tonight. as i arrived at Hamilton my scanner was clouded over and i first thought someone had done the ol' dump trick, i.e. seeded the place with dumped explosives and/or biowaste - but it was a swarm of NPC ships, just sitting outside the station doing nothing. must have been more than a hundred of them
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Thu May 21, 2015 7:26 pm

yep I saw that as well, never seen so many AI ships in one place!!!

Return to “Community Goals”