ENDED - Alliance Exploration Programme

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

ENDED - Alliance Exploration Programme

Postby Nanosmo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Description:
Beyond the borders of occupied human space, the vast mysteries of the universe are waiting to be discovered. The last thousand years of human history have been shaped by our combined ability to travel through the stars in search of a better future.

Yet what has humanity done with this precious gift? The same thing we've always done. We waste it.

Greed and war run rampant throughout the galaxy, and the concept of freedom has become nothing more than a buzzword spewed by people who have never known it. The Alliance knows there's a better way, but to prove it we need YOUR help.

That's why Purple Power Interstellar, on behalf of the Alliance of Independent Systems, has begun collecting exploration data for an exciting new colonisation initiative due to launch later this year.

All explorers in possession of interesting cartographic data relating to potential colonisation sites outside of the current borders of human space are invited to participate in this historic endeavour.

System: Tsu
Station: Ziemkiewicz Ring
Objective: Sell Exploration Data to Purple Power Interstellar aboard Ziemkiewicz Ring
How: Scan systems (surface scan optional)
Ends: 10 Apr 3301 18:00

Current Contributors: 4066
Current Global Progress: 782,616 Reports Submitted
Current Reward Tier: Tier 7
Current Global Reward: Asp Discount (15%, 10 Days)

Current Participation Rewards:
Top 5%: 750,000 Cr + global awards
Top 15%: 400,000 Cr + global awards
Top 40%: 200,000 Cr + global awards
Top 70%: 100,000 Cr + global awards
Top 100%: 50,000 Cr + global awards

----
If you have any updates for this Community Goal please PM me and I will update the post. Thanks.
Last edited by Nanosmo on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Re: ACTIVE - Alliance Exploration Programme

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Is this a joke? Spend 2 weeks trying to get the top prize and all you get is a 250,000cr bonus and 10% off an Asp that you probably already have, and then have your Asp worth 10% less if you ever sell it? Meanwhile, you are making millions, or 10's of millions on the exploration data! People can already explore all they want and sell their data, so this seems like a pretty silly CG. Maybe if the bonus was 50 times larger ...
It's time to give this another go.

Miller
Novice
Novice
CMDR: MillerTheWanderer

Postby Miller » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Is this a joke? Spend 2 weeks trying to get the top prize and all you get is a 250,000cr bonus and 10% off an Asp that you probably already have, and then have your Asp worth 10% less if you ever sell it? Meanwhile, you are making millions, or 10's of millions on the exploration data! People can already explore all they want and sell their data, so this seems like a pretty silly CG. Maybe if the bonus was 50 times larger ...

can't agree more. They missed 2 extra zeros on the rewards imo.

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:43 pm

It will increase into the millions as the tier rises, right? That's how the Lugh stuff worked... I think. I got a late start in signing up.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Malphator wrote:It will increase into the millions as the tier rises, right? That's how the Lugh stuff worked... I think. I got a late start in signing up.

Is that how it works? Might be an excuse to see if I can make Starblazer. :idea:

I assume you don't need to sign up for this one - just drop off data?

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:47 pm

If you take part in a community goal without being signed up, you can cash your stuff (bounds, or cartographic data, in this case) but you won't get the rewards associated with the community goal.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII

Postby Senex VII » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:42 am

You can sign up at Ziemkiewicz Ring itself in Tsu. At the time of writing there have so far been 2300+ contributors of exploration data. Heading out in my 27LY Type 6...

Jacob Jones
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Uriahs

Postby Jacob Jones » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:32 pm

Signed up for this trying to get the credits together for an Asp. Any discount would be handy.

Handy really after getting into the top 5% on the Hauling weapons to Khaka (12M no idea what the community goal rewards were). Good event thou first time I ever meet any one else in Mobius. Also felt silly when I had to stop and look up how to reply back in Coms : )

Not going to be anywhere near the top this time, that hauling was a grind. It was all my own fault it was a grind got into the top 5% on the third day and did not want to lose that position. This time not worried quite comfortable in the top 70%.

Out in the middle of no where rather hoping not to have an accident.

Fly safe out there.

Jacob Jones

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:28 pm

After assuming I didn't have to sign up first, I spent 5 hours exploring before I saw the reply. The next night I spend 3 hours exploring on the way to Tsu. Once there, I signed up and then turn in my exploration data. Even though it was all collected after the CG started, it did not apply.

I wish the original post, and the GalNet article, mentioned having to sign up first, but I guess that is just to be understood that you have to sign up first. Oh well, live & learn. ;)

Btw, rewards are increasing. Tier 6 was at 500k for top 5%, and it's probably higher by now (not that I expect to get there just starting for real tonight).

***EDIT***
Actually, I just logged on and they did accept my reports - it just took a while to update. So that's cool. :)

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:58 am

Updated the report. Tad better rewards.

Return to “Community Goals”