Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

SRV on training wheels

Postby Wolf » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:49 am

Hi commanders,

if you want to watch Mobius and myself trying to learn the SRV gameplay and struggle like toodlers, you can watch our very first session here. :D

Thank you again very much CMDR Mister Facepalm, for jumping in immediatly to show us the ropes! Much appreciated!

https://youtu.be/zw1lxZhGVx8

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: SRV on training wheels

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:30 pm

You should come and join us for a go....

About 2Km up is when you see the blue circles....

The way we POI hunt Wolf is to have one of us as an Eye in the sky that positions himself roughly above the centre mark of the POI.....The other two drop right down to 200-300m and do a search of the area using the one in the sky as a marker.....Who will give location feedback..

Any big installations can normally be picked up this way......And it saves wasting buggy fuel....

If nothing is found doing this it normally means it a small POI......Canisters...Wreckage etc....Or we are drunk.. ;)

So we land and search in the buggys.....Whilst doing this we pick up any elements we need for refuels...Repairs etc...

And lately when we find a big one we CTD......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby clivewil » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:37 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:The way we POI hunt

when i'm hunting by myself, i'll get the rough middle position up high then drop down low, and work my way out in what i hope is a regular spiral

my ship is skimming the surface, typically about 60m off the dirt, moving forwards at about 50 or so with the nose pointed down about 20 - 30 degrees, and i use regular quick jabs on the up-thrust to keep it from nose-shovelling

it occurred to me that playing this way reminded me of a game called 'Virus' that i used to play on my old Amiga. the irony alarm went off real loud when i realised that the programmer of Virus was none other than David Braben.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:54 am

Yep when solo that's almost exactly what I do......

Gonna dump the Viper MkIV for planetary stuff though and go back to the Asp.....Better vision and range and cargo space.......

And yes I also had Virus on my Amiga......I played it a few times but did not like it that much.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “Elite: Dangerous Videos”