Post your Elite: Dangerous videos here!
Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: ED video series - DarkenSpace

Postby Hengest » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Really enjoying these, well done and thank you.
Last edited by Hengest on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Draven Darken
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Draven Darken

Postby Draven Darken » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Hengest wrote:Really enjoying these, well done and thank you.

Great, thanks for checking them out!

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:12 pm

I've been subscribed to your channel for a while now, but would rather comment here than on YT to tell you how much I've enjoyed watching this series. Right on, Commander!

Also, well done to David Sandberg for the music.

BTW, I really liked the quick cut at 3:12 where your CMDR looks totally bored (or simply unemotional and businesslike) while taking out the Hudson operative.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Draven Darken
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Draven Darken » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Hrdina wrote:I've been subscribed to your channel for a while now, but would rather comment here than on YT to tell you how much I've enjoyed watching this series. Right on, Commander!

Also, well done to David Sandberg for the music.

BTW, I really liked the quick cut at 3:12 where your CMDR looks totally bored (or simply unemotional and businesslike) while taking out the Hudson operative.

Thanks much! By the way, David Sandberg = me, so thanks on both counts. :)

I only wish there could be shots where the CMDR did NOT look totally bored. That seems to be his one emotional state. But it least it seemed appropriate in the case you pointed out. :)

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:04 pm

It was worth the wait!

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:48 am

Draven Darken wrote:Thanks much! By the way, David Sandberg = me, so thanks on both counts. :)

Funny, I was never sure whether you were the title character or the guy whose name showed up most frequently in the credits. :D

Draven Darken wrote:I only wish there could be shots where the CMDR did NOT look totally bored. That seems to be his one emotional state. But it least it seemed appropriate in the case you pointed out. :)

True, CMDRs always look either bored or look like teenagers with ADHD who can't keep their attention focused for more than a few seconds.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Draven Darken
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Draven Darken » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Hrdina wrote:
Draven Darken wrote:Thanks much! By the way, David Sandberg = me, so thanks on both counts. :)

Funny, I was never sure whether you were the title character or the guy whose name showed up most frequently in the credits. :D

Haha ... yes, it's the latter.

When I conceptualized DarkenSpace, I'd intended to do everything myself. And I still almost do (as the credits indicate ... video capture and editing, music, sound design, screenplays, visual effects, etc), with the exception of those voiceovers, for which fortunately my old friend Charles Hubbell volunteered (somewhat out of the blue) to contribute his far, far more interesting voice. Thank goodness, because his participation addressed what otherwise would undoubtedly have been the weak point of the series (i.e., if I'd been doing the lead character's voiceovers myself). I have performed as a few characters in the series myself along the way, but each of them have (deliberately) only been heard over the radio, where having a compelling vocal tone isn't nearly as important.

Return to “Elite: Dangerous Videos”