Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: ED Toolbox

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:23 am

Cannot get it to run.......

*Edit*

Yay finally.....

Now I can drop into fed and alliance stations on my way back and cash in.....
Last edited by Cmdr Kharma on Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

moarbeer
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: RE: Re: ED Toolbox

Postby moarbeer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:48 am

Loriath wrote:I tried this out, and it is quite good.

My main issue is that it does not tell you that it is installing a neutered version of the Apache webserver and a version of the MYSQL server to allow it to work its magic. I understand why it does, but I am not happy that it does so without telling you. My reasoning is that when you don't know what software is on your PC and you start having issues, it makes it harder for you to troubleshoot. That is me being a control freak when it comes to stuff on my PC.

Now, if that is ok for the person then by all means, it has a lot of nice features. The author has taken a lot of time to get a lot of information in one place. I may give it more of a spin over the next little while to see exactly the impact of using it on my PC is. Just wish the author would state that it is installing a webserver/MYSQL on your PC.

Hmm, wonder how problematic this is for a machine with an active MS SQL engine, IIS 7.5 and an already in use full install of mySQL?

Shame it is not transparent in it's install. Will go and read their docs and see what the requirements are if they say.

Digga
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Digga

Postby Digga » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:07 pm

TorTorden wrote:That was until I figured it was running some sort of treatment on my ED image folder, so killed off that and moved my pictures someplace else.

Yes, this is annoying as it drops all your existing shots into a folder with the name of your current system.
With future screenshots, it's great that it will automatically file screenshots in folders with the current system name and gives a gallery to view those screenshots within the tool.

Kallegan
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Kallegan

Postby Kallegan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:45 pm

I am having problems running ED Toolbox. When I right click the tray icon to run it. I get a pop up that states the following:

Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not run action: Access is denied.

Any ideas?

Digga
Competent
Competent

Postby Digga » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Kallegan wrote:I am having problems running ED Toolbox. When I right click the tray icon to run it. I get a pop up that states the following:

Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not run action: Access is denied.

Any ideas?

Possible windows firewall issue, you should have got a windows allow access popup?

Digga
Competent
Competent

Postby Digga » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:46 pm

Customizing ED Toolbox.

I added prospecting and this didn't take long at all. If anyone wants to add custom tables, here are a couple of hints.

1: The root password to your local mysql database can be found in ED Toolbox\data\server_config.inc.php
2: The column name SYSTEM_NAME, will act as such, giving a dropdown of systems and calculating distances in the front end.
3: To have a boolean using a tick of cross or N/A, use column type enum and set length to '','0','1' (this is in the Adminer editor)

This is the result:

Custom_Table_result.jpg
Custom_Table_result.jpg (22.04 KiB) Viewed 3613 times

This is how I did it.

1: find the root password (see 1 above)
2: login to the database using Adminer (comes with ED Toolbox - right click notification icon to find it)
3: added a table called user_prospecting as such:
Custom_Table01.jpg
Custom_Table01.jpg (220.76 KiB) Viewed 3613 times

Here is the Create Table SQL
► Show Spoiler

4: using the setting icon (cog top right), went into Customized ED Toolbox and updated Data Point settings as such (see last line):
Custom_Table02.jpg
Custom_Table02.jpg (63.12 KiB) Viewed 3613 times

That is it!
Last edited by Digga on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kallegan
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Kallegan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Digga wrote:
Kallegan wrote:I am having problems running ED Toolbox. When I right click the tray icon to run it. I get a pop up that states the following:

Any ideas?

Possible windows firewall issue, you should have got a windows allow access popup?

Yes I allowed access. I wil try a re-install.

Digga
Competent
Competent

Postby Digga » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Kallegan wrote:
Digga wrote:

Any ideas?

Yes I allowed access. I wil try a re-install.

It looks to be under the common reported issues

Kallegan
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Kallegan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:04 pm

Digga wrote:
Kallegan wrote:
Digga wrote:It looks to be under the common reported issues

Thank You!!

EDIT: We are now up and running. Thank you Digga!!

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Stares at the post and just mumbles to herself, then goes to her bookmark folder for ED and deletes the ED Toolbox thing.

Breathes a sigh of relief and gets some cheese cake :)

Return to “Tools and Helpers”