Screen Shot Changer

Apps, websites, tools and helpers for Elite: Dangerous
de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Re: Screen Shot Changer

Postby de Carabas » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:08 pm

The new Alien encounter causes a new event called SystemsShutDown and that was confusing the SSC when looking for what system the ship is in. I've fixed that in v 1.4.8 that is available now.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:16 pm

I used it and boy, I am really impressed. Well done de Carabras!!

One small thing: the JPG output option imposes quite heavy compression artifacts in the picture. maybe lessen the compress factor, or can it be adjusted?
As said, this is a trivial issue since PNG works fine as well and preserves some 95% quality very well.

Oh and another issue, anyone knowing a visualization software for 2014 flight logs? The Commander's log software doesn't import mine (might be discussed in own thread if it is a complex thing).

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:59 pm

uvelius wrote:I used it and boy, I am really impressed. Well done de Carabras!!

Thank you :D

uvelius wrote:
One small thing: the JPG output option imposes quite heavy compression artifacts in the picture. maybe lessen the compress factor, or can it be adjusted?
As said, this is a trivial issue since PNG works fine as well and preserves some 95% quality very well.

Are you trying the most recent version? I already added the ability to vary the jpg compression after someone requested it on my website.

uvelius wrote:Oh and another issue, anyone knowing a visualization software for 2014 flight logs? The Commander's log software doesn't import mine (might be discussed in own thread if it is a complex thing).

Yeah, that one is beyond me. I assume you mean the netlog files that were being used for grabbing events before the Journals? Is it particular events you are looking for?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

JustSomeGuy
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sean Gunnery

Postby JustSomeGuy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:23 pm

uvelius wrote:As said, this is a trivial issue since PNG works fine as well and preserves some 95% quality very well.

As far as I know, .png is a lossless format. The compression applied to .png files are more like zip like compression, no image information is lost.

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:20 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:As far as I know, .png is a lossless format.
That's what I found when looking into adjusting the compression on the jpg. Some people just don't like png for some reason :?

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:07 pm

I've updated the SSC again as I realised that the planet navigation function didn't cope with not entering the planet radius (which should have been optional).

JohnLuke
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks de Carabas. Love Screen Shot Changer!! :D
-JL

Return to “Tools and Helpers”