Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Development Update - 15th Jan

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:33 pm

From https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99493

Michael Brookes wrote:Hi everyone,

Following up on my post last week I will provide more information on our process moving forwards and dates for the next two major releases. As you’ve seen since the game’s initial release we have issued a number of point updates, the latest being 1.05 this morning. These are typically restricted to urgent and/or low risk changes and will continue on a regular basis as they allow us to respond as we need to. These aren’t scheduled in the same way as the major updates, but will be ongoing.

More significant updates allow us to add new features and content (as well as sweeping up a host of fixes and tweaks that haven’t been deemed suitable for the intermediate point releases).

Currently beta testing will be available for those who already have beta access for the main game. For players participating in the beta tests there will be a separate mechanism for playing so testing does not affect your game and that you can continue to play the retail version as well. Options for players currently without beta access to be able to purchase beta access will be available. Details will be made available nearer the time.

Depending on how the update Betas go in test, we expect them to be released to everyone a week or so after the Beta release.​

As you all know we’re also working on paid expansions for the game and these will have their own beta periods as well, we’ll again make details available of how this will work as we near their release.

The first planned significant update will be 1.1 and will enter beta in the first week of February. We’ll be talking next week about how 1.1 will introduce a new way to collaborate with other players in the galaxy in preparation for 1.2’s major Wings update. We have some some good news for planners of long journeys - V1.1 will also have a significant increase in the maximum distance for the route planner. We’re currently looking at extending this to 1,000 light years!

Looking further ahead there will be a 1.2 update which is planned to enter beta testing in the first week of March. The focus for this update will be Wings and other multiplayer goodness. I’ll provide more detail in future updates.

Thanks

Michael
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Development Update - 15th Jan

Postby Neillm » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Thanks Flip...beat me to it.

1000ly planner? Nice! Just hope it's quicker than the current one. :-)

So, two weeks until 1.1 beta then another month until 1.2 (wings) beta. I can handle that.

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Development Update - 15th Jan

Postby Jockgit64 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Looking forward to Beta testing the Wings system :D

Return to “News and Announcements”