Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Ship Transfer Poll Results

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:44 pm

Shut up and get back in ya turret......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:36 pm

You want a credit sink?

How about drive your ship off the lot and it loses 25% of it's value, and more the older it gets? Same for modules. And things are worth less if they are in bad condition. That might encourage people to stay in their ships longer. And if you keep your older ships, and park them at a station - charge for parking. There's another credit sink. Of course, you could always find a little valley on a planet somewhere and park them there. But then you could pay to build good defense turrets and hangers to protect them - more credits!

PS. I never liked the insurance system or instant ship replacement. I'd much rather have some escape pod fun, and maybe get a loaner ship to travel to a station with my ship type in stock. Out of stock modules would also need to be shipped to my location (rather than travel around finding them). The key is - don't die. If it wasn't for griefers and bugs and some whacky game design, I'd almost like a forced ironman mode.
It's time to give this another go.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:You want a credit sink?

How about drive your ship off the lot and it loses 25% of it's value, and more the older it gets? Same for modules. And things are worth less if they are in bad condition. That might encourage people to stay in their ships longer. And if you keep your older ships, and park them at a station - charge for parking. There's another credit sink. Of course, you could always find a little valley on a planet somewhere and park them there. But then you could pay to build good defense turrets and hangers to protect them - more credits!

PS. I never liked the insurance system or instant ship replacement. I'd much rather have some escape pod fun, and maybe get a loaner ship to travel to a station with my ship type in stock. Out of stock modules would also need to be shipped to my location (rather than travel around finding them). The key is - don't die. If it wasn't for griefers and bugs and some whacky game design, I'd almost like a forced ironman mode.

I actually really like the idea of modules getting damaged, repaired, failing, etc. Right now it's sort-of "oh I took some damage in a dogfight.. annnnnnd repaired." I'd love to have a garage where I could see actual repairs on my ship, and repairs take time scaled to the damage. Now that would be cool. One of the features in SC is the visible damage. I wish we had that sort of thing, so you could watch a ship get rebuilt, bit by bit. Imagine walking through a service corridor in a station, while your ship, entering through the back of the standard hangar on a conveyor belt (or some sort of magnetic grav lift) takes it down a repair line, where a computer automatically repairs and prints replacement parts on the go.

Someday in the future, I hope.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:44 pm

The grinders wouldn't like that!
It's time to give this another go.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Darr Valen wrote:

I actually really like the idea of modules getting damaged, repaired, failing, etc. Right now it's sort-of "oh I took some damage in a dogfight.. annnnnnd repaired." I'd love to have a garage where I could see actual repairs on my ship, and repairs take time scaled to the damage. Now that would be cool. One of the features in SC is the visible damage. I wish we had that sort of thing, so you could watch a ship get rebuilt, bit by bit. Imagine walking through a service corridor in a station, while your ship, entering through the back of the standard hangar on a conveyor belt (or some sort of magnetic grav lift) takes it down a repair line, where a computer automatically repairs and prints replacement parts on the go.

Space engineers.

http://www.spaceengineersgame.com

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:35 pm

TorTorden wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:

Space engineers.

Ships that show visual damage is not something that only a minecraft style game like Space Engineers can and should do. I've owned Space Engineers from the start. It's not E:D. There's no reason E:D can't do such small things over the long run.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:29 am

So, I was in a battle last night in my Anaconda, and when I landed at this broken down sorry excuse for a space station, the repair crew told me it was gonna cost me a few million to fix her up. No big deal, it is part of owning a big ship. Problem is, I am in a backwater system and they don't have all the parts. So I am stuck in this god forsaken place for the next 4 weeks at least as I wait for parts. And they have said that I can't live aboard while they do the repairs because the power systems need to be fully offline, so I have to pay for a place in the station.
To make things even worse, since I am in the middle of Butthole space far from the bubble, It would take me 6 weeks to get my Python delivered down to me.

The good news? They are willing to rent me a Sidewinder while I wait. Of course, it's gonna cost me. And they can't even rent me one with a decent FSD and they have no Fuel scoops here, so I can't even TRY to head back to the bubble. Oh and they have no buggies, so I can't even try to restock on some of the Materials I need to do remote restocks on my weapons, which of course, they don't have either.

F'in Immersion my Ass!

Welcome to Elite:Dangerous 3.1 : The Real Truth about Immersion

:P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:17 am

Darr Valen wrote:
TorTorden wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:

Space engineers.

Ships that show visual damage is not something that only a minecraft style game like Space Engineers can and should do. I've owned Space Engineers from the start. It's not E:D. There's no reason E:D can't do such small things over the long run.

I know battle damage is on the anaconda, I ahve pics somewhere.
I also think the newer ships, corvette viper mk4 etc also feature this.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:50 am

Darr Valen wrote:Ships that show visual damage is not something that only a minecraft style game like Space Engineers can and should do. I've owned Space Engineers from the start. It's not E:D. There's no reason E:D can't do such small things over the long run.

It was promised for ED some time ago. I'll try and find the reference and pictures.

Found this so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg9k7E4ngFw
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... -Dangerous
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost2979012

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Loriath wrote:Welcome to Elite:Dangerous 3.1 : The Real Truth about Immersion