The place for you to catch the latest news
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: The Mobius Evolution

Postby Xebeth » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:40 am

Mobius wrote:ive updated the logo, it would appear that many didn't like being branded with the American flag logo, so I've been a little diplomatic and changed it to mirror the EU flag,

Excellent :D
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Dogeh
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dogeh
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Dogeh » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:43 am

[]
Last edited by Dogeh on Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:45 am

It wasn't me who grouped them as US and EU.

Dogeh
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dogeh

Postby Dogeh » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:48 am

[]
Last edited by Dogeh on Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:07 am

Dogeh wrote:I blame FD.
Seriously, did they not see this coming as the group grew?

They seem oblivious to a lot of things.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:35 am

Schmobius wrote:Honestly, even as a patriotic American, I like the new Mobius PvE logo better.

I wasn't liking the American flag paintjob on it for purely design reasons, but I'm struggling to articulate that further, even to myself. Besides, this one *almost* has the stars from the original American flag down, anyway. :-)

Logos often derive power through simplicity, so removing the flag paintjob from the surface of the Mobius logo, and adding the ring of stars actually does simplify it in a good way, honestly.

Not sure why it struck me to look at this while I was also answering questions from support teams at work, but I thought I would submit the following image, purely as a suggestion. I quite like the logo as is, but I was thinking that if we want to kind of denote American and European dominated groups of timezones, we could walk back a bit to that, while keeping the stronger design influence of the latest logo. I am not a graphical design person, by study or by profession, but I thought I'd take a crack at it.

This keeps a similar design to the European group, while bumping the stars to 13, and using the official pantone blue (282 C) of the US flag. Yes, I actually hijacked the star pattern off an image of the 1776 "Betsy Ross" flag. I couldn't find a good source for the 3D type stars in the right arrangement, but one probably exists.

So, let me state up front that putting a background on already complicates the logo a bit, and may make it harder to use in places, such as someone's Inara signature. I also don't like the flat stars as much. There also may be a spot or two where I didn't do a perfect job of erasing the other stars in the 12-star pattern.

Chuck this in the bin, ignore it (Keep Mobius' updated logo), or improve upon it, I don't much care which. Just thought I may as well share an idea if I had it.

I like that one. It does feel historically-futuristic.

Still, I vote for 'Murrbius PvE over Mobius PvE. Cause 'Murrica, *censored* yeah!

I've said this before, and it's worth saying again. I only bought Elite after finding out about ElitePVE. I held off from the game through many betas and the alpha stuff, and the initial launch, because it was touted as some pvp only grief fest, err, combat only* game. If I'd known I could play solo, in a private group, or do proper trading.. I'd be sitting here with a lifetime account. Frontier really has dropped the ball, REPEATIDLY, in regards to the other aspects of Elite Dangerous.. They've missed out on potential customers by not really talking about the other fun things to do.

Anywho, my 2 credits worth. I won't be back in game until April anyway. Still on my much needed break from Elite. Hopefully when I finally get back to the game, It'll be with a Vive HMD, or with a new 21:9 screen.

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:55 am

lets go with this one

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:28 am

Yes, I love it!

Lestat
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vercingertorix

Postby Lestat » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:59 am

The only issue I have is What if my friends are on Mobius and I am in the USA.

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:11 am

Lestat wrote:The only issue I have is What if my friends are on Mobius and I am in the USA.

all answers are on the first post, just send a join request to the other.

Return to “News and Announcements”