The place for you to catch the latest news
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Elite Dangerous Store And Product Info

Postby Xebeth » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:26 pm

Changes coming to the store and the way ED and ED:H is purchased (here)

Greetings Commanders,

We wanted to get in touch to let you know about a few changes that we will be making tomorrow and bring you into the conversation with a little bit of early information.

Since the launch of Elite Dangerous Horizons we have had an incredible response from Commanders in the game. The number of amazing videos, screenshots, player events, CG’s and missions have truly taken our breath away. We are so delighted with the way that the community have taken to the game and we’re super excited for the future releases coming to Horizons throughout the season.

The Elite Dangerous community is truly the most incredible group of players we could possibly ask for. We value the thoughts and feedback from our community and we’re always looking at how we can take that feedback on board. This is why we wanted to give you these details ahead of time and be as upfront and clear of the details as possible. We are all a part of the long term development of the game and we’re delighted to be on this voyage together.

Since its launch we have heard some players say they feel confused by Elite Dangerous Horizons and how the purchasing and upgrading of the game works. Thanks to this feedback we are going to changing the way that it appears in the store and on steam.

To reduce confusion, Horizons will be added as a season pass DLC for Elite Dangerous, rather than an individual product. It’s a relatively small change but it means that on steam and on our store there will now be three options

•Elite Dangerous
•Elite Dangerous: Horizons Season Pass
•Elite Dangerous: Deluxe Edition

The deluxe bundle will include the base game, Horizons season pass DLC and some digital goods.

This will be beneficial in a few ways. First of all it will unite the steam community. This means that we will only have 1 community hub. This is something players have asked for and we’re happy to listen. It also means that the products are clearer for people to understand, reducing confusion, which can only be a good thing!

However, this does mean that Steam Horizons players will have the Horizons portion of their steam game time counter wiped as it moves back to 1 hub (the in-game counter will still work). Nothing will be effected in game but we wanted players to understand the changes and impact fully.

In addition to these there are a couple of other changes we will be making at the same time. The base price of the Horizons season pass DLC will be £25 (or equivalent in other currencies) and will not include access to Elite Dangerous, this must be purchased separately. It will still include the entire season of content coming in Horizons. This means that the current loyalty discount to Elite Dangerous: Horizons will no longer exist as all existing players will be able to upgrade directly to the Horizons season pass.

Finally, by way of a special thank you to everyone who has already bought Horizons before these changes are made, we are giving you an unreleased Asp Explorer gold paint job. And don’t forget, you still have access to the Cobra Mk IV, and this will apply to all players that buy Horizons (and already own Elite Dangerous) before the changes go live tomorrow – new players that get the new deal will not get it.

Here’s a look at the wonderful golden Asp which will be coming to all existing Horizons players, and those that buy before tomorrow.

Once again, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for your incredible continued support and for joining us on this incredible journey. We’d love to get your thoughts and feedback as always so please do let us know below and we will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Black Rose

Re: Elite Dangerous Store And Product Info

Postby Black Rose » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Now that is news yay :)

I can now learn how to crash into planets and not just space stations and outpost and other ships and asteroids lol

CMDR Reaper
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Reaper
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby CMDR Reaper » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:52 pm

That gold Asp paint job is nice! That is really gonna look great on my screenshots :D

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:06 pm

Oohhhh, it will go well with my gold Fer-de-Lance

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:22 pm

Great. Free paint job for a ship I don't fly :D

All joking aside I think this is good.
It makes more sense than before where it basically was two separate games.
When thinking of ED as the core game and horizons a big ass DLC.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Ohhhhhh.....

Shiny ASP paintjob.......

Me Likey.......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “News and Announcements”