The place for you to catch the latest news
charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons patch 2.0.04

Postby charlie2alpha » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:44 am

I wonder if the instancing problems are network derived issues. Even if they are, it's their job to implement workarounds. All I know is that the game requires one open port which it opens utilizing UPNP, but one can manually port forward too if needed.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:57 am

charlie2alpha wrote:I wonder if the instancing problems are network derived issues. Even if they are, it's their job to implement workarounds. All I know is that the game requires one open port which it opens utilizing UPNP, but one can manually port forward too if needed.

I run port forwarded and had issues not being able to text chat with UPnP. I worked with support to determine that the Port forward is a better option for me.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:05 am

Loriath wrote:So far, the issues we were facing have been improved by about 15%. Assuming that the patch has done that much, it still needs work.

Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess. There was a post from one of Frontier explaining the procedure for fixing bugs. Sounded quite arduous to me. I guess some bugs are hidden away somewhere or camouflaged in among code so is hard to identify or detect. It just makes me wonder how long it's tested 'in house' before it gets sent out as Beta.

We live in hope, eh?
"Wibble"

CMDR JP76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR JP76

Postby CMDR JP76 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:16 am

Morning all, I had 2 CTD's yesterday after the patch......The old black screen and stuck loop sound when deploying SRV or boarding Ship.

It's very rare and caused as far as I can tell, by obviously constantly getting in and out of ship.
Pretty sure it's been logged already in bug reports.......anyone else come across it?
You get a message pop up after a while to say a file has failed to load after multiple attempts you may need to re-install game.

I still have the main menu screen flickering every few seconds too, (drivers updated) I did make a bug report on that weeks ago but no joy.

J

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:42 am

CMDR JP76 wrote:Morning all, I had 2 CTD's yesterday after the patch......The old black screen and stuck loop sound when deploying SRV or boarding Ship.

It's very rare and caused as far as I can tell, by obviously constantly getting in and out of ship.
Pretty sure it's been logged already in bug reports.......anyone else come across it?
You get a message pop up after a while to say a file has failed to load after multiple attempts you may need to re-install game.

I still have the main menu screen flickering every few seconds too, (drivers updated) I did make a bug report on that weeks ago but no joy.

J

Hi J,

It's a known one, had it yesterday too. Overall, patch has made some positive improvements, but instancing needs more attention.
o7
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Return to “News and Announcements”