Agents of Mobius player faction

The place for you to catch the latest news

what shall be the name of our ingame faction?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:00 pm

The Order of Mobius
57%
The Mobius Order
11%
The Mobius Society
32%

Total votes: 47

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Agents of Mobius player faction

Postby Mobius » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:54 am

things are starting to progress. this is where I would like to involve the community,

registering our player faction begins, what I would like to see is some more suggestions from you.

Name of group: Mobius
Name of minor faction: Agents of Mobius . unless something better comes along?
Type: (e.g Democracy, Criminal etc) this is were you come in
Description: this is were you come in
Allegiance: independent

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Agents of Mobius player faction

Postby Schmobius » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:04 am

Type: Supreme power through watery tarts throwing swords

Seriously though, Democracy, Patronage, whatever is cool.

But I'm curious; can one be permanently a part of this faction to the game, or is it just a matter of doing missions in support of it, and declaring that side in conflict zones?

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:45 am

I don't know at this time, im under the impression that player factions work the same as power play factions, this means that you pledge yourself to the faction and do similar missions to those found in the powerplay game, for the time being I would go with this assumption.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:03 am

Just started Playing E.D. a bit more regularly again. I've not bothered with PP thus far (doesn't mean I won't though) and don't really understand it. Are player factions going to be implemented into the game?

Ideas then. Democratic sounds good to me but how would we vote? Already it is independent so I guess some sort of Freedom Fighter stance would be an idea. I doubt whether we could put our missions in the News Feeds so I guess they would get proposed on these Forums?

It would be good if Exploration Data could be shared with our Faction alone so we could colonise unknown Earth Like's and exploit new mining areas.

As we'd be smaller than the Majors, and all that black hole spacey stuff, maybe 'The Quantum Colony' but only because it just sprang to mind and Iike the sound of it
"Wibble"

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:52 am

Mobius wrote:I don't know at this time, im under the impression that player factions work the same as power play factions, this means that you pledge yourself to the faction and do similar missions to those found in the powerplay game, for the time being I would go with this assumption.

I kind of hated the powerplay missions, and really, the only good thing was getting attacked by thugs from random factions a lot to raise my combat rating (didn't give me much money though). Since I've gotten more serious about trading, I didn't want to waste time on the interdictions as much, so I actually defected. Free agent again.

Having said that, I might consider pledging to a Mobius faction, now that my new ship is in good fighting shape. I kind of hate the powerplay missions themselves, but just for having a declared allegiance, that would be cool.

I wonder what the Level 3 faction equipment would be though.... TARDIS-like cargo bay that gives you a jump range of 3ly before you even add cargo? A fuel scoop that fills your hold full of orange marmalade that can be sold for 5 cr a ton instead of fuel? (If you couldn't tell, I take a dim view on the current powerplay rewards, and think they are a bit over-balanced to the point of being more like a faustian deal.)

Since I doubt they would give us any equipment actually worthwhile, a bobblehead would be cool.

It would be sweet if a faction could colonize uninhabited systems as well as shove out current system owners and take over, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:43 am

Mobius wrote: Type: (e.g Democracy, Criminal etc) this is were you come in
Description: this is were you come in
Allegiance: independent

Well obviously we are either a Democracy or Patronage. Depends on whether people can buy gain rank in the organization. ;) (Sucking up to get to be a Mod, Yes I mean you JohnLuke! :P )

Description: Agents of Mobius are the living embodiment of the principles of the Pilots Federation. Bound by the ideals that we represent the best of the best, and that Confrontation is a last resort, Agents of Mobius strive to live to a higher standard.

Mobius Oath:

We help and defend those who cannot help and defend themselves.
We explore the stars so that others may safely follow.
We stand together so no one is alone.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:21 am

I think if we take our group policy kind of as our "constitution " we could be best described as an Ideocracy.
Otherwise we could be a "Collective Leadership "

I still like "Order" or "Lodge" better than Agents :)
It somehow fits our group policy.

Wolf.

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:23 am

"Agents" sound like we got hired and are doing it for credits alone (which is kinda true :D ), so "Order" really sounds better to me as well
ImageImage

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:40 am

From my limited knowledge of how these things work, Mobius is a semi-democracy.

We have a handful of rules created by the big cheese that are the cornerstone of why the group exists and why people join, and enforced without pity, but pretty much anything else is decided by democracy (take this thread, for instance). Beyond that, if an action is not specifically prohibited, you are free to do it.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:52 am

Gorf wrote:From my limited knowledge of how these things work, Mobius is a semi-democracy.

We have a handful of rules created by the big cheese that are the cornerstone of why the group exists and why people join, and enforced without pity, but pretty much anything else is decided by democracy (take this thread, for instance). Beyond that, if an action is not specifically prohibited, you are free to do it.

I think we have to be careful to distinguish between our meta gaming group (these forums, the Facebook page, the TeamSpeak ) and the ingame faction.
The faction in my eyes is ruled by an ideology, strictly enforced by the current "counsil" or "high court", maybe elected.

So yes, in a general sense, democracy fits.But also a counsil republic.
Ideocracy leaves out the ruling mechanism so it's more "flexible "

Return to “News and Announcements”