The place for you to catch the latest news
Xerxryn
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Xerxryn
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: The Ambassador Medal

Postby Xerxryn » Sun May 03, 2015 7:58 am

Well done, coolest item ever :) You have done a lot for the community and it's cool that FD has recognized that.

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Sun May 03, 2015 9:49 am

Well done Liam. I'd forgotten that old photo of you towering over Kerrash. :-)

Steel Talon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Steel Talon

Postby Steel Talon » Sun May 03, 2015 10:28 am

Wow, I would explode if I would ever receive something like that :D
Congratulations!

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Sun May 03, 2015 3:27 pm

knowing that they have created some medals, im under the impression that other medals may become available like an elite pilot gold coloured medal as well as a few others. don't quote me as im only guessing.

InoiTroriak
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Inoi Troriak

Postby InoiTroriak » Sun May 03, 2015 3:43 pm

Nice bro nice, wow well earned bro, thumbs up and wow cool of ED doing that, really awesome haha.. Love ED :)

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sun May 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Mobius wrote:got an unexpected package this morning, inside was a thank you from frontier developments....

If ever an acknowledgement was more deserved. :)

I'm truly glad for you Mobius. You have, and do contribute something quite extraordinary to the Elite: Dangerous community.

I lobbied for this on the official forum, when FD announced the community medal award for best film, but it didn't seem to catch on.

I don't know why FD don't announce this accolade on their official forum though? Is it a secret? I want the whole community to know! :)

I really wanted to see you and Isinona receive special recognition, and I know other cmdrs have made awesome contributions as well.

Anyway. Just another "what?.." moment for me. FD do so many things right, and fumble so much else, it's really quite astounding. I do feel their PR division is rather weak to put it mildly. Misleading commucations and missed opportunities galore. But enough ramble from me.

To you Mobius. You bloody well deserve it.

Fly safe Commander. :)

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Mon May 04, 2015 2:15 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Mobius wrote:got an unexpected package this morning, inside was a thank you from frontier developments....

If ever an acknowledgement was more deserved. :)

I'm truly glad for you Mobius. You have, and do contribute something quite extraordinary to the Elite: Dangerous community.

I lobbied for this on the official forum, when FD announced the community medal award for best film, but it didn't seem to catch on.

I don't know why FD don't announce this accolade on their official forum though? Is it a secret? I want the whole community to know! :)

I really wanted to see you and Isinona receive special recognition, and I know other cmdrs have made awesome contributions as well.

Anyway. Just another "what?.." moment for me. FD do so many things right, and fumble so much else, it's really quite astounding. I do feel their PR division is rather weak to put it mildly. Misleading commucations and missed opportunities galore. But enough ramble from me.

To you Mobius. You bloody well deserve it.

Fly safe Commander. :)

I saw the post and having a Community Award would be the icing on the cake.

I think the community award should not be something that is won in a competition but handed out to the community for supporting the community, as you know ive been around for a few years but there are other worthy people that have contributed to the community, like the Lave radio crew, and some twitch streamers that have also championed the game, you also have those who have created ship companion tools and trading tools that the community use. I think the Community award will be given to worthy people and I imagine some controversial people.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon May 04, 2015 5:06 am

Mobius wrote:....I think the community award should not be something that is won in a competition but handed out to the community for supporting the community, as you know ive been around for a few years but there are other worthy people that have contributed to the community, like the Lave radio crew, and some twitch streamers that have also championed the game, you also have those who have created ship companion tools and trading tools that the community use. I think the Community award will be given to worthy people and I imagine some controversial people.

I agree completely.

I was thinking that a Community Award Medalist Hall of Fame on the official forum would be nice. Some of you are instrumental to furthering the success of Elite: Dangerous, and a small description of the commanders and their contributions and a thank you would be awesome.

I'm glad you got yours, and I hope others get one too. And I wish FD PR would use the opportunity to highlight the real champions of the Elite: Dangerous community.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon May 04, 2015 5:30 am

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Mon May 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Above everything else that Frontier have produced these medals are by far and away the best thing. Really, really nice touch in my view.

Return to “News and Announcements”