GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: PvE group growing daily

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:46 am

Flip wrote:5500

I find it harder and harder to stay on a first name basis... :)

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jeffers2112 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:10 pm

So the chances of meeting up with someone must be getting better all the time.....

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Telengo » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Jeffers2112 wrote:So the chances of meeting up with someone must be getting better all the time.....

They are even better now with the 1.2 update. I love being able to see "Friends" icons on the galaxy map. After I went through the friends list post and added pretty much everybody, as long as they are playing in the group you should be able to see people online.

Shame everybody in the group does not auto friend. But thanks to all those that accepted friendships. Hope to see you out there somewhere.

Ameena
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ameena

Postby Ameena » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:10 pm

I only thought to check my friends list thingy a few days ago and saw a whole bunch of people had added me, so I accepted them but haven't met anyone in-game yet. Someone else had added me when I logged on about 40 mins ago but I couldn't stay on for long because of the patch thing :P. That was my first time logging on since the Wings update went live (whenever that was ;)) so I haven't had a chance to look around at any of the new features yet. I notice there's a bunch of new icons in the top-left window where communication messages appear, but I don't even know if I have a hotkey to select that window and look at them, lol. Really, I use very little of my ship's functions, but I'm managing okay so far, lol :D.

Tiwaz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tregon

Postby Tiwaz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Ameena wrote:I only thought to check my friends list thingy a few days ago and saw a whole bunch of people had added me, so I accepted them but haven't met anyone in-game yet. Someone else had added me when I logged on about 40 mins ago but I couldn't stay on for long because of the patch thing :P. That was my first time logging on since the Wings update went live (whenever that was ;)) so I haven't had a chance to look around at any of the new features yet. I notice there's a bunch of new icons in the top-left window where communication messages appear, but I don't even know if I have a hotkey to select that window and look at them, lol. Really, I use very little of my ship's functions, but I'm managing okay so far, lol :D.

Heh.

Yeah, I just went through and added everyone in the friends list in members section. Took me a good while, even when using my tablet to act as secondary screen.

Those comms are not easiest to use, I think you have to select comms, then press esc and then you can use your tab change buttons to switch tabs and do... Stuff I guess?

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Ameena wrote:I only thought to check my friends list thingy a few days ago and saw a whole bunch of people had added me, so I accepted them but haven't met anyone in-game yet. Someone else had added me when I logged on about 40 mins ago but I couldn't stay on for long because of the patch thing :P. That was my first time logging on since the Wings update went live (whenever that was ;)) so I haven't had a chance to look around at any of the new features yet. I notice there's a bunch of new icons in the top-left window where communication messages appear, but I don't even know if I have a hotkey to select that window and look at them, lol. Really, I use very little of my ship's functions, but I'm managing okay so far, lol :D.

You should watch the new Wing Tutorial, it will tell you everything you need to know about the changes to the comms window (and about the wing mechanics) : viewtopic.php?p=14467#p14467 :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Ameena
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ameena

Postby Ameena » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:42 am

I was planning on just kind of remembering to check my keybindings at some point and see what the Comms one is set to (and changing it if I don't like it ;)), and then remembering how to use it in the event of actually meeting someone else...which hasn't happened yet beyond once or twice seeing a player symbolo on the radar when in supercruise, and one time when I flew past another player as I was on my way out of a station (other player was on their way in and I only noticed they were another player because they weren't flying in a straight path and were actually doing a decent speed rather than the 0.1 miles an hour that all the NPCs seem to do when entering/exiting stations ;)). Still, maybe eventually Mobius will get so big that it becomes inevitable that everyone will encounter at least one fellow PC per session :D.

Morne
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Morne

Postby Morne » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:46 am

I also went through the effort of adding alot of people from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=153 .
I found doing it via the main menu's friend management was alot quicker.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:46 am

Use the panel or just hit 2 on your keyboard. That will bring up the improved chat interface.
CMDR Emanon

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 am

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Return to “News and Announcements”