Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: PvE group growing daily

Postby Mobius » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Deyn wrote:
For TS3, to enhance immersion, there is a nice plug in called 'crosstalk'! It simulates radio comms distortion (tweakable!) on the receivers end.
So when YOU have it installed OTHERS sound like talking over a VHF AM radio.

might have to give that a look at. and we are now 510 members strong.

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 pm

510 members strong, but i would say probably only 2 or 3 dozen post in the forums, I have no idea how many actively play as a group though as I haven't yet had the honour of taking part in a group frolic.

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice
CMDR: ZATZAi

Postby ZATZAi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 am

Deyn wrote:For TS3, to enhance immersion, there is a nice plug in called 'crosstalk'! It simulates radio comms distortion (tweakable!) on the receivers end.
So when YOU have it installed OTHERS sound like talking over a VHF AM radio.

Oh nice, I'll have to see if I can find that plugin. That is one thing I like about the in game comms.

EDIT:

Oh this is nice, has some cool features like music player ducking, positional audio and stereo spread for voices as well. Actually makes it easier to understand people, even if you don't turn on the walkie talkie feature...

http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/a ... sTalk.html

Mobius
Master
Master

Postby Mobius » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:58 am

well today has been a busy day for new group members, in the past 9 hours we have increased by another 15 members. we now stand at 525 commanders, it would appear that those who prefer to pvp by attacking anybody and every body are driving new players to our group.

Phosphora
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Phosphora

Postby Phosphora » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:03 am

Well done everyone on the continued growth of the group.

Phos

Deyn
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Vincent Deyn

Postby Deyn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 am

Yeah, it took me about 10 minutes after starting up E: D first time back in beta 1(?), to reach my jump location. Only to be attacked by some two "assholes" on arrival, waiting for incoming newbs, I guess...
Since I didn't know much about the ability to bug out, didn't find my boost button quickly, I got promptly shredded to pieces, for carrying some fish... oh wait, no, the bugger's amusement!
After 3 such incidents of whom I barely survived two, leaving me with less than 1000 cr after repairs, I skipped E: D for a while.
Only picked it up to check on changes! And then came Solo and Group play! :D No more problems' til then. Never had a look at open play again.
When I came across this group, I immediately joined. Like minded bunch of CMDRs I guess.
Now MP does make sense again.
I would like to see statistics on how many people play open vs. groups or solo... in the long run we may have open play concentrated around Azeban city and more like Quake Arena: dozens of buggers lurking around the no fire zone, waiting for a "new arrival" in each open play instance, boasting about their umpteenth "frag"... while anybody else has joined a group and enjoys the rich and beautiful universe?

Mobius
Master
Master

Postby Mobius » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:28 am

Mobius wrote:well today has been a busy day for new group members, in the past 9 hours we have increased by another 15 members. we now stand at 525 commanders, it would appear that those who prefer to pvp by attacking anybody and every body are driving new players to our group.

582 members, obviously arseholes have been busy in the all group driving people out of that group and into ours.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:17 am

Mobius wrote:
Mobius wrote:well today has been a busy day for new group members, in the past 9 hours we have increased by another 15 members. we now stand at 525 commanders, it would appear that those who prefer to pvp by attacking anybody and every body are driving new players to our group.

582 members, obviously arseholes have been busy in the all group driving people out of that group and into ours.

The elusive 1000 beckons...

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:45 pm

Mobius wrote:582 members, obviously arseholes have been busy in the all group driving people out of that group and into ours.

Dayamm...busy couple of days! :D

Mobius
Master
Master

Postby Mobius » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:03 am

well since I posted that we had hit 582 members we now stand at 621. since beta 3 the daily influx has increased, its that or those commanders who have been using our standard signature have been doing a fine job of promoting the group.

Return to “News and Announcements”