Sozzac
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Sozzac
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Star Citizen?

Postby Sozzac » Thu May 19, 2016 1:55 pm

I wounder

Is there a slight chance Mobius will open up in Star Citizen?

I pledged for it

Going in for a trader line I think :geek:

I think its way to much action for a oldie as me in Elite D

The interdiction mania we as a trader gets to handle is way to much for me

damienvaldes
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Damien Valdes

Re: Star Citizen?

Postby damienvaldes » Thu May 19, 2016 2:22 pm

Throttle to zero, drop, throttle to max, boost, boost, frameshift, boost, boost, away. Equip class A thrusters and power distributor.
Never Fly what you can't Rebuy...

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Thu May 19, 2016 2:44 pm

probably not me getting there, elite already devouring my soul :D

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JustSomeGuy » Thu May 19, 2016 2:52 pm

If it's ever going to be released, does it even have other game modes like open in E:D ? Anyway, I've only seen a couple of videos of it, one planetary landing which did look good, then some 1st person wandering in an empty city, and the ship hangar.

Will you get something extra by supporting that project now ?
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Thu May 19, 2016 2:59 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:If it's ever going to be released, does it even have other game modes like open in E:D ? Anyway, I've only seen a couple of videos of it, one planetary landing which did look good, then some 1st person wandering in an empty city, and the ship hangar.

Will you get something extra by supporting that project now ?

amusing is that those who has been able to play the very limited demo has not been sure if the game will ever exist.

ALso how many terabytes will the game have to be

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Thu May 19, 2016 6:42 pm

I can see SC turning out one of several ways:

1) The perpetual 'coming soon', feature creep means it becomes a games industry to itself, employing loads of developers, but not actually releasing anything concrete.
2) The world's greatest bugfest, oh, we've fixed this, but now all these things are broken.
3) The world's greatest greif-fest, the potential for mucking about is huge, that means the potential for mucking about with other people whether they want to or not is massive, think of every Elite grief and add first person greifing
4) Disappointing, it happens.
5) Actually decent.

At least the single player arm of the game looks promising.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Thu May 19, 2016 7:02 pm

You can just join a private server in Star Citizen, unless they've majorly reneged on that feature of private servers.

I'm a Golden Ticket holder with SC, but eh.. years later I don't know that I care about it anymore. Some cool stuff in the game, but plenty of things have happened over the 4 years to cause plenty of apprehension about the entire campaign.. Hey, remember when those one time purchasable ships were only available for purchase once? Pepperridge Orbital Farms remembers. Now you can drop 15k and just buy it all..

You know what, instead of listing the numerous issues with SC, I'll just not. I'll play it again a few more times, but I don't expect the game we were promised. I check it out a few times a year, and it's mostly cool looking ships, and really the worst movement that never gets fixed.

In the meantime, waiting on a new HOTAS and the time I'll have after buying a new house so I can finally play Elite again.. missing out on all my beta access.

SNIPE
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MARK SNIPE

Postby SNIPE » Tue May 24, 2016 5:22 am

Yeah I am an early backer, I hope MOB will be interested, Ill be keen.
I don't think we will be seeing the game any time soon, so far from finished. I give it another 5 years or more considering how much stuff they said they are going to put in it. But from what I have seen so far they have really over hyped it, so who knows any more?

So far they are not showing us much, so it is a bit of a worry. I hope they are just hiding a lot to surprise us. So far all I have seen is a small tiny galaxy, which looks to be barely half the size of elites bubble. Although there is a lot more detail and variety in and around the planets compared to Elite. So we appear to be getting more condensed quality rather than sparse quantity.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:33 am

All right, I'll speak my mind on this matter. I hope Mobius stays an E: D exclusive. Because; it's more exclusive. :)

And regarding release: As long as suckers (sorry) keep pouring millions of funding into "trinkets/development" there really is no need to ever release a game. They're making more than enough money with the game in development.

Personally, I'm dumbfounded.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:19 am

It's Chris Roberts ... people will always give him money. I mean ... he got Mark Hamill for WCIII!!! ;)
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Return to “Off-Topic”