Not related at all to the game or group
Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Steam. So what is it?

Postby Schmobius » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:01 pm

There is an offline mode for Steam. I've been able to play Skyrim and Fallout without trouble in that.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Mouse » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:29 pm

Schmobius wrote:There is an offline mode for Steam. I've been able to play Skyrim and Fallout without trouble in that.

Sorry I should have been more clear.. even in offline mode if for any reason your computer turns off, as if you have to move, and you don't have internet when you bring your computer back online even in offline mode it tries to connect to Steam to verify everything before going back into offline mode and when it can't it won't let you play anything until it does.

Before I moved I set it to offline and played a few games.. moved then was stuck without the games I was counting on playing until I got internet set up :p
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:24 pm

Wow. That sucks.

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:19 am

Schmobius wrote:Wow. That sucks.

it is there way of trying to prevent sharing I guess, though you can still do it.. When my laptop was working I could have stuff on both laptop and PC. And as long as one was in offline mode I wouldn't be kicked off for being online on the other machine. So you could theoretically have one steam account per household and share
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:35 am

I have two computers online with steam at the same time. I can even stream from one to the other... Never tried to play the same game on both simultaneously though...

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:55 am

Schmobius wrote:I have two computers online with steam at the same time. I can even stream from one to the other... Never tried to play the same game on both simultaneously though...

same account? When I tried it before it would log one out hmmm..

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:45 am

Mouse wrote:
Schmobius wrote:I have two computers online with steam at the same time. I can even stream from one to the other... Never tried to play the same game on both simultaneously though...

same account? When I tried it before it would log one out hmmm..

Same account. I don't think "in-home streaming" can possibly work any other way.

Xariann
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Xariann

Re: RE: Re: Steam. So what is it?

Postby Xariann » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:58 am

Mouse wrote:Only issue I have with Steam is that if I have to reboot or anything and my net connection is down.. I cannot play any of my single player games from Steam until I have an internet connection again.

Interesting. Do you have it set so that it remembers your login details? If my connection is down it will use the last known login details to let me play the games.

Can't access forums and stuff, but that's normal in the event of a lost connection.

Sent from my Oneplus 2 using Tapatalk
Mobius PVE Group Facebook Admin

Mouse
Master
Master

Re: RE: Re: Steam. So what is it?

Postby Mouse » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:43 am

Xariann wrote:
Mouse wrote:Only issue I have with Steam is that if I have to reboot or anything and my net connection is down.. I cannot play any of my single player games from Steam until I have an internet connection again.

Interesting. Do you have it set so that it remembers your login details? If my connection is down it will use the last known login details to let me play the games.

Can't access forums and stuff, but that's normal in the event of a lost connection.

Sent from my Oneplus 2 using Tapatalk

This was in 2013 so may have changed but yeah.. spent two weeks playing solitaire and when I finally found the box with other games in it managed to get Diablo 2 going

Return to “Off-Topic”