Not related at all to the game or group
Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Wish Football Was PvE

Postby Avago-Earo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:35 am

Yeah. I used to go to matches occasionally. So expensive these days. Overpaid players lording it up with their signature goal celebrations kissing the club badge and expecting the crowd to bow to their divinity after scraping enough coins together to go and maybe take their kid/s.

Then the 'fans' fight each other. Griefing in it's purest form. I know there is a lot of 'divide and conquer' in this land (from a UK perspective but I'm aware it is all over the world (delete 'football' and enter 'soccer' at your own discretion)) , but why don't these people withdraw their cooperation, go on strike if you like?

A lot of people are fed up with the status quo and this is often accompanied with finger pointing and apportioning blame to sections of society that don't fit their own, therefore highlighting divisions. I don't think words like 'Black Community' or 'Gay Society' are particularly helpful either, they just seem to emphasise differences rather than just referring to 'community'.

'So what's this got to do with football/soccer?' you may ask. Well I'm asking myself the same question and have realised that this started off as blah blah and evolved just to fulfil my desire to rant.

But in conclusion there is some relevance. After being on these forums and enjoying discussions and posts here it struck me that any one of us could be of any ethnicity, sexual persuasion (weird expression for 'what you like'), nationality, social class, religion or whatever else is usually mentioned in any party's manifesto, and it makes not one scrap of difference to the quality of our interactions.

Commanders Unite!
"Wibble"

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Re: Wish Football Was PvE

Postby Neillm » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Good post. I remember Morgan Freeman summing a similar thing up when asked in an interview, "But how are we going to solve the racism issue?". His reply was, "Stop talking about it!"

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Nothing to add. Well put Avago. :)

Nemetos
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Nemetos

Postby Nemetos » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:Yeah. I used to go to matches occasionally. So expensive these days. Overpaid players lording it up with their signature goal celebrations kissing the club badge and expecting the crowd to bow to their divinity after scraping enough coins together to go and maybe take their kid/s.

Then the 'fans' fight each other. Griefing in it's purest form. I know there is a lot of 'divide and conquer' in this land (from a UK perspective but I'm aware it is all over the world (delete 'football' and enter 'soccer' at your own discretion)) , but why don't these people withdraw their cooperation, go on strike if you like?

A lot of people are fed up with the status quo and this is often accompanied with finger pointing and apportioning blame to sections of society that don't fit their own, therefore highlighting divisions. I don't think words like 'Black Community' or 'Gay Society' are particularly helpful either, they just seem to emphasise differences rather than just referring to 'community'.

'So what's this got to do with football/soccer?' you may ask. Well I'm asking myself the same question and have realised that this started off as blah blah and evolved just to fulfil my desire to rant.

But in conclusion there is some relevance. After being on these forums and enjoying discussions and posts here it struck me that any one of us could be of any ethnicity, sexual persuasion (weird expression for 'what you like'), nationality, social class, religion or whatever else is usually mentioned in any party's manifesto, and it makes not one scrap of difference to the quality of our interactions.

Commanders Unite!

I salute you sir ...
Well said ..
Cheers..
~S~

Mr_Average
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Mr_Average

Postby Mr_Average » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:08 pm

You wait, as the group gets bigger, some sort of argument will break out (usually over something really unimportant) and the term Nazi will come up. Then a mod will have to step in, then there will be accusations of favouritism.

Happens in every forum that I've been a part of unfortunately.

Maybe it's MY fault!!!

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:02 am

Mr_Average wrote:You wait, as the group gets bigger, some sort of argument will break out (usually over something really unimportant) and the term Nazi will come up. Then a mod will have to step in, then there will be accusations of favouritism.

Maybe it's MY fault!!!

Yeah and when the Mods step in the Rockers will want to have a go.
"Wibble"

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:37 am

Avago-Earo wrote:
Mr_Average wrote:You wait, as the group gets bigger, some sort of argument will break out (usually over something really unimportant) and the term Nazi will come up. Then a mod will have to step in, then there will be accusations of favouritism.

Maybe it's MY fault!!!

Yeah and when the Mods step in the Rockers will want to have a go.

You shouldn't rule out the hippies either. They can be really "dangerous"..... :

http://youtube.com/v/7FtcW9u0GDE

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:01 am

I used to go to football a lot. I also used to play a lot. Now I go very occasionally. I still watch it on TV (not sky sports or anything you have to pay for because they have helped create the monster!) most weekends an I enjoy watching it. But and it's a massive but, there has been a widening gap between reality and the players for some time. They are paid millions and have completely lost touch with the fans.

That said I'm an Aberdeen fan and last season went to see St Mirren v Aberdeen. After the match we were waiting on the platform for the train back to central Glasgow when our right back (Shay Logan) turned up and got on the train with us. Nice bloke who posed for photo's, signed autographs and seemed to be completely down to earth.

RogueZephyr
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ValTomiana

Postby RogueZephyr » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:35 am

Philip Coutts wrote:I used to go to football a lot. I also used to play a lot. Now I go very occasionally. I still watch it on TV (not sky sports or anything you have to pay for because they have helped create the monster!) most weekends an I enjoy watching it. But and it's a massive but, there has been a widening gap between reality and the players for some time. They are paid millions and have completely lost touch with the fans.

That said I'm an Aberdeen fan and last season went to see St Mirren v Aberdeen. After the match we were waiting on the platform for the train back to central Glasgow when our right back (Shay Logan) turned up and got on the train with us. Nice block who posed for photo's, signed autographs and seemed to be completely down to earth.

Nice. You wouldn't see that in the Premier League
-I fly the ocean black, and my little ship goes warp 10-
-Theres nothing that we lack (unless theres something we've forgotten)-

Return to “Off-Topic”