Your hobbies

Not related at all to the game or group
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Your hobbies

Postby smartroad » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Electronics and micro-electronics are my main hobbies. Oh and riding my motorbike :-D
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

diss3cted
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: diss3cted
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby diss3cted » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:50 pm

Skipp wrote:hopefully those bunnies are not a product of those said substances :D

Haha, no they are real. For the most part.

clivewil wrote:bunnies rock. (except when they chew on electrical wiring and dig huge holes under the back fence.)

Yeah, they somehow love electrical wiring. Cannot say much about holes, they are kept indoors, have an open cage and all the place they want on the living room carpet. Mostly works out fine :)
"In humility lies true greatness. And in beer. Everything is greater with beer."

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:17 pm

For me, dog-walking, blow-piping, power-kiting & the occasional blast on 'The Beast' (Honda VTR1000 Sp-1) outdoors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crX3ieNZpdQ

and indoors, home-brewing, digital currencies (I'm the 'community manager' for #ZeitCoin) & "Various activities with a 4:20 theme" :evil:

In earlier lives I was a keen semi-pro sportsman, though my creaky old body has forced me to retire even from cricket now :(

E:D marks my return to gaming, I lost my mojo for nearly 3 years after clocking up thousands of hours with Skyrim - playing, authoring the 'Skyrim Total Voice Control' project, and serving as a QA tester for the 'Falskaar' new world expansion.

I first flew Elite in about '86, wireframe gfx & 16 colours, on a mates' Spectrum.
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

diss3cted
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: diss3cted

Postby diss3cted » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:42 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:For me, dog-walking, blow-piping, power-kiting

I lost it there as I accidentally read "power-knitting" and I was like "... what?" My mind is in the gutter... nevermind me. power-kiting sounds like fun, though exhausting I would asume?
"In humility lies true greatness. And in beer. Everything is greater with beer."

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:00 pm

Tennis when it is not 35+ outdoors
Computer Networks from 300bps modems to Climbing on rooftops installing antennas (ok not recently...)
Walks on the Danube or Sava rivers (Remember the theme of the first Elite? Blue Danube) till I move to another country...
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:39 pm

diss3cted wrote:
LionOfNarnia wrote:For me, dog-walking, blow-piping, power-kiting

I lost it there as I accidentally read "power-knitting" and I was like "... what?" My mind is in the gutter... nevermind me. power-kiting sounds like fun, though exhausting I would asume?

Depends on the wind.

In a light wind, a young teen could handle my biggest wing (3.3 m sq) but above 8 m/s it can drag me (140 kg) across the ground. The lines are 175 kg breaking strain.

In a moderate wind, with some good rock in my ears & some good 'erb inside me, it's just sheer JOY :D
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

foo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Steven Cotton

Postby foo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:04 pm

I have a full UK amateur radio licence and am a member of my local Raynet group. I like to listen to long distance shortwave broadcasts late at night :)

Return to “Off-Topic”