Not related at all to the game or group
Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Thank You Good People Of Mobius Group

Postby Avago-Earo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:40 pm

This is going to take time to explain. First I want to express that, although I only know them from these forums, I've met some great characters here.

OK on with it then. I hope this doesn't sound selfish but I couldn't get away from me at the time. I went on a downward spiral recently. I said something on these forums in vague hope that someone could offer some words. I feel embarrassed but I felt so desperate. I've been experiencing really bad insomnia and using alcohol to try and counter it. That combined with depression doesn't mix well. Then feeling shame and not having a job staying up watching programmes a bout people like myself 'sponging' off the state. I just felt like a fucking hindrance. A useless piece of pond stuff. A leech sucking the working people dry of their taxes. A waste of oxygen. I'd had enough.

(I'm not finding this easy to say but it's an explanation, not a sob story)

Last week some cops came to my flat and explained that someone who was an internet contact was concerned about me. I have an idea who it could be although they got the country of that person wrong as well as saying my IP address was in the USA but they're overworked and it's beside the point. Thank you, you know who you are. I was taken to hospital for an assessment despite telling them I was just a bit low. I'm glad that happened though. The cops were good ones. I just didn't want to bother anyone any more.

A member of Mobius also posted on my FaceBook wall. I couldn't read it because I felt ashamed at getting so low and looking so weak but to that person, 'Cheers'

Sorry to go on about myself but I think I pissed some people off and they deserve an explanation.

There are good days so brace yourselves :)
"Wibble"

TomoRosso

Re: Thank You Good People Of Mobius Group

Postby TomoRosso » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:45 pm

Takes courage to post something like that. Hope you're back to 100% soon.... stay shiny!

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:02 am

Don't feel ashamed, man, that can happen to anyone! And it does.

It's good to see you back! :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:43 am

Flip wrote:Don't feel ashamed, man, that can happen to anyone! And it does.

It's good to see you back! :)

Too true. Whilst visiting my parents in my home town I bumped into a guy I used to work on building sites with. I had to stop working when I last saw him because of 'stuff'. He used to jeer at me saying it was a weakness. Long and the short of it. He hugged me and explained he had to live with clinical depression for five years. His pride prevented him from talking about it and through the black eyes his wife left him. He said he wished he had talked. I said (although I'm not exactly a picture of health right now) you're talking now. Then we laughed about the hair cuts and boots and mis spellings of bands on our leather jackets. And the foreman getting pissed off that we cut slots in our hard hats so our mohawks could stick out. The ganger said what if something fell off the scaffolding and i said have you ever had hairspray in your eyes? He stomped off and we made some concrete x
"Wibble"

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:51 am

This song cheers me up. On first glance it looks dark and depressing but it's a song of reality. We have a choice to change things. People on this forum have changed my mood just by talking and sharing. Hope you listen to the words. I know they're not clear and it's just me saying it but give it a go. xxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpC_T213KOg&list=PLMCSvVCM_Up4L-swbICx2UPQzNwpjE7zh
"Wibble"

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:28 am

We are all with you mate..
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:45 am

Just remember this, Depression Lies. And it will get better whether you believe it or not.

Depression Lies.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:11 am

Definitely no weakness in sharing the story of a hard time -- on the contrary.
Avago-Earo wrote:And the foreman getting pissed off that we cut slots in our hard hats so our mohawks could stick out.

Now THAT sounds like a memory to cheer one up! Seize the black beast of depressive shadow and give it a laugh. Right on!

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:15 am

uvelius wrote:Definitely no weakness in sharing the story of a hard time -- on the contrary.
Avago-Earo wrote:And the foreman getting pissed off that we cut slots in our hard hats so our mohawks could stick out.

Now THAT sounds like a memory to cheer one up! Seize the black beast of depressive shadow and give it a laugh. Right on!

Yeah you're right. I'm going to try and lighten up. You never know, maybe you guys will need me one day. I do think of others' too.

Onwards and Upwards... Flight Assist On for the time being. ;)
"Wibble"

PulsarShark
Novice
Novice
CMDR: PulsarShark

Postby PulsarShark » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 am

Anybody can get to that place, that kind of low. Not everybody makes it back, and nobody does that alone. Good luck!

Return to “Off-Topic”