Not related at all to the game or group
CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alex Johnson
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

No Man's Sky

Postby CMDRDanPos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:35 am

Anyone seen the IGN footage released of No Man's Sky?

I'd post it but i'm at work and its blocked haha!

I am so excited for that game, my biggest wish for ED is planetary landing and getting out of the ship.

Anyone else excited? I think it may take over me playing ED and just wondering if anyone else thinks the same? It doesn't look as to scale and scientific as ED and I guess this is the draw to ED that people like, plus nostalgia for the old elite (which I'm too young to have played being 24).

I really hope No Mans Sky controls well but from the footage it looks arcadey instead of Simulation. Like comparing Need for Speed and Gran Turismo haha.

I wouldn't be as excited for No Man's Sky as I am if I knew when Planetary Landing will come to ED. Plus as I said I really want to get out of my ship and walk around, sit in a space bar drinking space beer :P There's not even a model of someone sitting in your ship if you go into debug mode, which is bizzare because you can see a body if you look down in the normal mode haha!

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Re: No Man's Sky

Postby Flip » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 am

Not sure what video you're referring to, but I've seen one not very long ago that didn't impress me too much. As you say, it looks very arcady and the graphics weren't very good looking.

Incidentally, Mobius pointed to the following video on the official forum, today, and it's an interesting watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bGVEAH07Td0
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRDanPos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:00 am

I'll have to check it out in a second when I go on my lunch as the video is blocked (I dont really know why this website isn't blocked)

The video I am referring to is like 16 minutes long of just them playing the game.

I think the graphics have to be the style they are due to the scale of what they're doing, especially putting it on PS4, it does make me think how is ED going to pull it off when they do ? It would be too big a graphics hog I imagine.

Flip wrote:Not sure what video you're referring to, but I've seen one not very long ago that didn't impress me too much. As you say, it looks very arcady and the graphics weren't very good looking.

Incidentally, Mobius pointed to the following video on the official forum, today, and it's an interesting watch:

CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRDanPos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:55 am

http://m.ign.com/videos/2015/07/06/no-m ... -ign-first

here's the footage I was referring to :)

CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRDanPos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:56 am

http://m.ign.com/videos/2015/07/06/no-m ... -ign-first

Here's the footage I was referring to :)

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice
CMDR: ZATZAi

Postby ZATZAi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:45 pm

I've been looking forward to this since I first heard about it. But I am a little apphrensive as the studio has never done anything like this before and they've been very coy about releasing information. From what I hear it will be almost impossible to find another human player in it, making it basically a single player game. If that's the case it better be damn interesting!

Still I am looking forward to it, if nothing for nothing else than because it looks technically amazing. But yah, as others have said, looks very arcadey but that might be ok for a change of pace. Maybe it'll be like a gateway drug to space sims and when players bore of it they'll come to Elite which will hopefully have planetary landings or SOMETHING by then! Any maybe Star Citizen will be out by then, and pigs will fly, and money will fly out of my butt...

Err, yah.

In all seriousness though, it looks like a blast.

CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRDanPos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:26 pm

ZATZAi wrote:I've been looking forward to this since I first heard about it. But I am a little apphrensive as the studio has never done anything like this before and they've been very coy about releasing information. From what I hear it will be almost impossible to find another human player in it, making it basically a single player game. If that's the case it better be damn interesting!

Still I am looking forward to it, if nothing for nothing else than because it looks technically amazing. But yah, as others have said, looks very arcadey but that might be ok for a change of pace. Maybe it'll be like a gateway drug to space sims and when players bore of it they'll come to Elite which will hopefully have planetary landings or SOMETHING by then! Any maybe Star Citizen will be out by then, and pigs will fly, and money will fly out of my butt...

Err, yah.

In all seriousness though, it looks like a blast.

Haha butt money would be a magical thing!

They said it would be hard to find people in Elite and I came across people every now and again, mainly because of powerplay though! It will be interesting if you visit somewhere and its already been discovered by someone! Imagine that haha you'd be like OH WHEN I HOPE THEY'RE STILL HERE.

But if there's a whole planet sized planet then yeah you'd never find them haha.

I said to my friend we'll have to make it our goal to hunt each other down but it doesn't look like there's a search function so not sure how i'd find the star system he's in haha.

It does some crazy coming from someone who makes Joe Danger, but then FDev make Roller Coaster Tycoon soooo :P

I really like Sean Murray, he's always really humble, he doesnt hype the game, the media are doing that haha in another video I watched on Gamespot from E3 he was saying he doesnt like the whole press thing and would rather spend time developing the game.

I just wish they'd have waited before showing it, it seems far too long!

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Can't see that vid. Each time it redirects to a broken url, for some reason.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRDanPos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:17 pm

If you're on aa PCmaybe try removing the m for mobile at the start? Hope that works of not its trending on Facebook

Flip wrote:

CMDRDanPos wrote:I'll have to check it out in a second when I go on my lunch as the video is blocked (I dont really know why this website isn't blocked)

The video I am referring to is like 16 minutes long of just them playing the game.

I think the graphics have to be the style they are due to the scale of what they're doing, especially putting it on PS4, it does make me think how is ED going to pull it off when they do ? It would be too big a graphics hog I imagine.

Flip wrote:Not sure what video you're referring to, but I've seen one not very long ago that didn't impress me too much. As you say, it looks very arcady and the graphics weren't very good looking.

CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRDanPos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Here you go mate :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLcjvIQJns0

Flip wrote:

Return to “Off-Topic”