Not related at all to the game or group
Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Moonlight Sonata

Postby Avago-Earo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Well, Whilst waiting for Beta 2 I've learned to play the first nine bars of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata on the guitar. Hopefully I won't have to learn every movement before it's ready but ah well either way I'll get something new tonight.

Take care Commanders and see you out there.
"Wibble"

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Moonlight Sonata

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 pm

Upload to youtube and post here. :)

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:Upload to youtube and post here. :)

I will when I've got it recorded and more than nine bars. Maybe to an Elite video although I can't record games yet as my PC's not up to it. I'm building my first PC as soon as I have a PSU and a good enough case- then I'll be able to do that. I do record music using SONAR X3 Producer and that has video editing so if anyone wants to put something together...
"Wibble"

RogueZephyr
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ValTomiana

Postby RogueZephyr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:11 am

Avago-Earo wrote:

I will when I've got it recorded and more than nine bars. Maybe to an Elite video although I can't record games yet as my PC's not up to it. I'm building my first PC as soon as I have a PSU and a good enough case- then I'll be able to do that. I do record music using SONAR X3 Producer and that has video editing so if anyone wants to put something together...

Look forward to hearing that.
-I fly the ocean black, and my little ship goes warp 10-
-Theres nothing that we lack (unless theres something we've forgotten)-

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:16 am

Avago-Earo wrote:

Sounds excellent. Hope you get a nice rig up and running, and to hear/see something from you soon(tm). :)

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:44 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Avago-Earo wrote:

Sounds excellent. Hope you get a nice rig up and running, and to hear/see something from you soon(tm). :)

Well I'm new to PC gaming so I'm building to my own budget hoping it won't be too outdated (yeah I know X99), this is what I've got so far:

Motherboard: Asus Z87-K,CPU: i5 4460 4th gen,GPU: EVGA 740GT Superclocked (from my current rig and will use this on low/mid settings until I can afford a more capable card), Memory:16 GB KIngston RAM, storage: 3 mechanical HD's (until I can upgrade to SSD, at least for OS)

I'm currently playing on a second hand Dell XPS Q6600 with 2.4 GHz that I got to play Elite on but it's not coping very well. Hopefully my build will see an improvement,
"Wibble"

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:24 am

Avago-Earo wrote:Well I'm new to PC gaming so I'm building to my own budget hoping it won't be too outdated (yeah I know X99), this is what I've got so far:

Motherboard: Asus Z87-K,CPU: i5 4460 4th gen,GPU: EVGA 740GT Superclocked (from my current rig and will use this on low/mid settings until I can afford a more capable card), Memory:16 GB KIngston RAM, storage: 3 mechanical HD's (until I can upgrade to SSD, at least for OS)

I'm currently playing on a second hand Dell XPS Q6600 with 2.4 GHz that I got to play Elite on but it's not coping very well. Hopefully my build will see an improvement,

Doesn't sound too shabby. ;) Should be a big step up from your current setup.

As far as I understand, Elite: Dangerous and most other new games, are more graphics card dependant than cpu dependant. So as long as you have the powersupply to support it, I would focus on stepping up the graphics card.

GPUboss comparison. Notice the passmark score. Almost 6 times faster:
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-970 ... rce-GT-740

I know it's a big splash, but a card like the gtx 970 would blow the 740 out of the water, and see you gaming at top of the line speeds. It's a bit of a deal buster atm. :)

I've got a gtx780, and am running a steady 60 fps, everything maxed, on a 1920 x 1200 screen. The gtx970 is cheaper, and faster.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:20 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Avago-Earo wrote:Well I'm new to PC gaming so I'm building to my own budget hoping it won't be too outdated (yeah I know X99), this is what I've got so far:

Doesn't sound too shabby. ;) Should be a big step up from your current setup.

As far as I understand, Elite: Dangerous and most other new games, are more graphics card dependant than cpu dependant. So as long as you have the powersupply to support it, I would focus on stepping up the graphics card.

GPUboss comparison. Notice the passmark score. Almost 6 times faster:
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-970 ... rce-GT-740

I know it's a big splash, but a card like the gtx 970 would blow the 740 out of the water, and see you gaming at top of the line speeds. It's a bit of a deal buster atm. :)

I've got a gtx780, and am running a steady 60 fps, everything maxed, on a 1920 x 1200 screen. The gtx970 is cheaper, and faster.

Totally with you on that. The reason for holding back on the GPU at the moment is because I also want to use my PC as a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation if you're wondering) and so I maxed out the pennies for a machine that can do those tasks as well, using more faster cores than my current set up. I have to account for multiple live instrument input as well as live MIDI data and all the processing and latency (lag) issues/workloads, so I will put up with lower graphics in Elite until the time comes.
"Wibble"

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:Totally with you on that. The reason for holding back on the GPU at the moment is because I also want to use my PC as a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation if you're wondering) and so I maxed out the pennies for a machine that can do those tasks as well, using more faster cores than my current set up. I have to account for multiple live instrument input as well as live MIDI data and all the processing and latency (lag) issues/workloads, so I will put up with lower graphics in Elite until the time comes.

Solid reasoning my friend. Carry on. ;) :)

Return to “Off-Topic”