WhiskeyVictor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: WhiskeyVictor
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Commander's Log / Game Blog

Postby WhiskeyVictor » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Hello all,

I'd like to keep an ongoing thread/blog of my activity, but placing such a post in general seems a bit spammy. Is there a location for such a thing, or would you consider creating a sub forum for commander's logs?

Thanks,
-WV

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Re: Commander's Log / Game Blog

Postby Wolf » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Do you mean something like personal threads? There is no way of preventing others to post in your thread, you know.

And are you thinking more in members only or in the public forums?

Cheers
Wolf

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:30 pm

You had similar threads like this on the Freelancer Discovery Server forums and members would write stories about their characters and RP in game. Because others can post, you would often find other players write their characters into the story, changing it and developing a plot that can be Role-Played in game.

I used to do this, some of the best and most memorable multiplayer moments were when I was playing on that server and writing stories about my character on the forum there. (You could probably find them if you looked for Combiseries' posts there).

Its a good idea, but in the Freelancer game you would meet much more people and more often in the same system. You would also have in-system chat to enable role play and giving a more emersive game play experience for those who were in the same vicinity, but not being a part of that particular story line. You would have a thread called 'The bar' where others could write about being witness to those events and gossiping with other character's who's players were not online during the RP. That way, they can be informed of minor and major events.

I once role-played the son of one my characters who stole his dads ship. Annoyed some high ranking police characters (pretended I couldn't fly it properly, didn't know what this button did, sent some laser fire in his direction.) All the while making it known to these police characters I was an annoying kid.

Well, one of the police blew the ship up. I then logged on with the character who was the father, now looking for his lost son. The player controlled police character then had to explain that he killed this guys son. Well, you can imagine the story afterwards and the headlines, 'high ranking officer murders son of trading tycoon'. Etc....

I never did get round to writing it though. The officer kept his job, but the community in the same system thought it was hilarious.

Its a shame that player numbers, in system within elite are so sparse, and that there is no in system chat. Otherwise the possibilities could be quite entertaining.

WhiskeyVictor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: WhiskeyVictor

Postby WhiskeyVictor » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:25 am

Wolf wrote:Do you mean something like personal threads? There is no way of preventing others to post in your thread, you know.

And are you thinking more in members only or in the public forums?

Cheers
Wolf

Yea, you could put it that way. I don't think a reply or so from others would be disruptive to the blog like nature of the thread.

Probably members only, though given the number of members here it's a pretty wide audience. I'm hoping to encourage sharing of profitable info (e.g. routes, events, focused mapping and crowd sourced effort points).

Just something to think about. Thanks for considering it.

-WV

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:19 am

I like the idea and I don't think it's spammy in the general topic if it's OK for others to add their stories or log entries. But we have started talking about a fan fiction/lore topic so write and just save it for posting later. ;)
CMDR Emanon

Return to “Forum Support and Suggestions”