Explorer Exchange
yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice
CMDR: yah-ta-hey
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

OPEN SOURCE: ITEMS FOUND ON SURFACE OF PLANETS

Postby yah-ta-hey » Tue May 15, 2018 1:59 pm

In my explorations, I have come across very few things on the planet surface and thought that this might be a good place for all to list what they found for the enlightenment of other explorers or thrill seekers.

Planet: Puelio cc-b d1-31 1...
item: wreckage
Type: DBX wreckage.... from looks.. came in shallow and disintegrated on impact. cockpit is intact with large circular hold in canopy. no sign of pods or loot.
"I WISH I WAS A SPACEMAN, THE FASTEST GUY ALIVE" BUT I AINT .
with apology to fireball XL-5. :)

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: OPEN SOURCE: ITEMS FOUND ON SURFACE OF PLANETS

Postby TorTorden » Tue May 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Hate to burst your bubble but small ship wrecks are relatively common about the place.

Almost to the point where I suspect Eagles and DBX's are ED universe equivalent of Peugeot.
As top gear illustrates.
https://youtu.be/9TnGjq9mWSI

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice

Postby yah-ta-hey » Wed May 16, 2018 2:13 am

so instead of bursting bubbles... try doing something nice... input a location or two so others can visit these "common" sites? Hmmmmm?
Meanwhile....Keep hmmmmming along.

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice

Non interesting items on planet surface

Postby yah-ta-hey » Fri May 18, 2018 2:38 pm

It appears the bubble has burst and no one in this forum is interested in helping others to have fun in mining, exploration items.

Too bad... so sad... with the largest group in the whole system and there is no interest or participation in what could make this a fun group.
Good bye.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sat May 19, 2018 11:09 am

yah-ta-hey wrote:It appears the bubble has burst and no one in this forum is interested in helping others to have fun in mining, exploration items.

Too bad... so sad... with the largest group in the whole system and there is no interest or participation in what could make this a fun group.
Good bye.

Nobody wishes to dampen your enthusiasm, but many of the interesting finds are temporary - created just for you. Only the environment, stations and ruins will be there on a second visit.

Don't give up - there are plenty of things to be found and you can get your name attached to suns, planets and moons if you're first to scan. It's a big galaxy.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Sat May 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Shipwrecks are RNG, besides from a few rare ones like the anaconda sites, or Jameson's Cobra for example.

If you fly in a straight line on a planet's surface you're likeky to encounter crash sites everywhere. it's just too common, like crashed satellites, skimmers, leftover cargo, SRV wrecks etc...

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice

Postby yah-ta-hey » Sat May 19, 2018 8:39 pm

OK, I call your bluff.. your ETC comment did it... PROVE that they are common.. give me planets where they are common, I fly and srv on planets on a daily basis and yet met only 1 crash site, 2 data sites with pods and these were not on the same planet or in the same system.. The general ETC comment doesn't cut it... I am an explorer and I want to see these sites... where are they... list them, if you can , otherwise... words are vapour on the wind.
a very disbelieving commander.
cheeers.

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Sat May 19, 2018 10:42 pm

Got this Tip Off location from Mysterious Stranger. A lot of raw materials just lying around, Bronzites, Mesowhateverites and Meteorites. Arsenic, Selenium, Molybdenum.

Have a nice day.Image

Отправлено с моего Moto G (5) через Tapatalk

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sat May 19, 2018 11:13 pm

yah-ta-hey wrote:OK, I call your bluff.. your ETC comment did it... PROVE that they are common.. give me planets where they are common, I fly and srv on planets on a daily basis and yet met only 1 crash site, 2 data sites with pods and these were not on the same planet or in the same system.. The general ETC comment doesn't cut it... I am an explorer and I want to see these sites... where are they... list them, if you can , otherwise... words are vapour on the wind.
a very disbelieving commander.
cheeers.

You probably know by now that, if you drive around for long enough on any planet, you will eventually come across a crashed ship or satellite, or a data point, or a cache defended by skimmers. It all depends on the Random Number Generator which of these - if any - will be generated for your personal entertainment.

You can prove to yourself that these artefacts are not permanent the next time you find one - just log off and log back in again. If they are permanaent they will still be there. If not . . .

The RNG creates dynamic scenarios on the fly. Just imagine the size of the database that would be required to store these Points of Interest for all the millions of planets in the FD galaxy. Much simpler(!) to build POIs as the RNG demands - once they have served their purpose, the only memory of them is in your head, not on the servers.

The Tip Off location from Mysterious Stranger in Raorn's illustration is semi-permanent. It will be there for a few days for commanders to find, but it will disappear after a time.

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice

Postby yah-ta-hey » Sun May 20, 2018 12:28 am

raorn wrote:Got this Tip Off location from Mysterious Stranger. A lot of raw materials just lying around, Bronzites, Mesowhateverites and Meteorites. Arsenic, Selenium, Molybdenum.

Have a nice day.Image

Отправлено с моего Moto G (5) через Tapatalk

thank you for the info... look under the mining topic and you will see 2 posts that I have done showing what can be found in those dodads.
inside a crater and outside the crater of a planet's surface. Note: even though these are items that I have found..they may not be there when you try them out. It works enough so that I have full loads of all but the rarest minerals and metals. Good tip is to look at the composition of the planet.. if it is 33% metal... Mine, mine, mine.... you will find goodies.... maybe even a "common" item.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”