Helicopter to Mars

Not related at all to the game or group
User avatar
tinnitus
Expert
Expert
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:06 pm
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Helicopter to Mars

Postby tinnitus » Sun May 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Yes Nasa is adding a Helicopter to Mars Mars Helicopter, I can see one in our hanger.
Image


“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 3740
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:13 am
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Helicopter to Mars

Postby TorTorden » Mon May 14, 2018 9:30 am

hmm.

Helicopter on mars.
That's sounds like a real engineering challenge.

First problem would be that the density of air on mars is approximate 0.006 bar.
(The bar scale is based on earth, sea level air being 1 bar.)
Just achieving lift in that would be worthy an applause.

The low gravity would help. But would help enough?

Hmm the nerd in me is intrigued.
Image

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

User avatar
tinnitus
Expert
Expert
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:06 pm
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Helicopter to Mars

Postby tinnitus » Mon May 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Frontier have been known to use abracadabra . I like in for a SRV scout with large flashing neon lights repeating displaying "mats over here" :)
Image


“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 3740
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:13 am
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Helicopter to Mars

Postby TorTorden » Mon May 14, 2018 4:23 pm

tinnitus wrote:Frontier have been known to use abracadabra . I like in for a SRV scout with large flashing neon lights repeating displaying "mats over here" :)

I wasn't concerning myself with ED, for that we already have and see skimmers.

Wouldn't it be absolutely the balls riding a goliath with it's packhounds seekers into a hostile base ?
I'm really disappointed we can't do that... :(

Or just a surface racer, we could rip off that laser bike from the Last Jedi.
Could be an excellent scout vehicle.
Hover 2m over the surface, and do 450ms ?..
Image

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

User avatar
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 3682
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 pm
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Helicopter to Mars

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon May 14, 2018 5:03 pm

I do that in my Python......

Just to check my reactions......

Although it is 10m and 350........

:)
Image

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

User avatar
tinnitus
Expert
Expert
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:06 pm
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Helicopter to Mars

Postby tinnitus » Mon May 14, 2018 5:07 pm

TorTorden wrote:
tinnitus wrote:Frontier have been known to use abracadabra . I like in for a SRV scout with large flashing neon lights repeating displaying "mats over here" :)

I wasn't concerning myself with ED, for that we already have and see skimmers.

Wouldn't it be absolutely the balls riding a goliath with it's packhounds seekers into a hostile base ?
I'm really disappointed we can't do that... :(

Or just a surface racer, we could rip off that laser bike from the Last Jedi.
Could be an excellent scout vehicle.
Hover 2m over the surface, and do 450ms ?..
yes yes yes

Always thought about skimmer riding "surface up" shoot the tube, well there it is then we always knew there should be more for us to do planet side and the SRV can use more design work like a SRV passenger vehicle. Hunting for mats use a lot of time. Now I'm going to have that laser bike in my head for the rest of the day.
Image


“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

User avatar
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 3682
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 pm
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Helicopter to Mars

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon May 14, 2018 5:26 pm

I'd like a cargo SRV........More than 2 fecking slots......
Image

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

TorTorden
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 3740
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:13 am
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Helicopter to Mars

Postby TorTorden » Mon May 14, 2018 7:01 pm

tinnitus wrote:
TorTorden wrote:
tinnitus wrote:Frontier have been known to use abracadabra . I like in for a SRV scout with large flashing neon lights repeating displaying "mats over here" :)

I wasn't concerning myself with ED, for that we already have and see skimmers.

Wouldn't it be absolutely the balls riding a goliath with it's packhounds seekers into a hostile base ?
I'm really disappointed we can't do that... :(

Or just a surface racer, we could rip off that laser bike from the Last Jedi.
Could be an excellent scout vehicle.
Hover 2m over the surface, and do 450ms ?..
yes yes yes

Always thought about skimmer riding "surface up" shoot the tube, well there it is then we always knew there should be more for us to do planet side and the SRV can use more design work like a SRV passenger vehicle. Hunting for mats use a lot of time. Now I'm going to have that laser bike in my head for the rest of the day.

Good lucķ.
I have had that image in my head for a year and a half.
Dear Lord that would be fun in vr.

The srv is fine imo for mat hunting.
But give this a fixed gun and high speed.
oh and forwards boost..
Image

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

User avatar
tinnitus
Expert
Expert
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:06 pm
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Helicopter to Mars

Postby tinnitus » Mon May 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Oh well may be we get one someday. Been picking at my ASPX for a few days trying to lighten the load (that's weird wording) and I did now at 52.45 LY so I went to CEOS for a spin. Busy down here over 8000 commanders in 24 hours.
Image


“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

User avatar
tinnitus
Expert
Expert
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:06 pm
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

63 LY but no boost

Postby tinnitus » Fri May 18, 2018 12:41 am

Whoop Dee Doo, flew around yesterday trying to get an Explore Anaconda visiting each appropriate engineer and managed a 63.51 less than the 69.38LY FSD sample I had from Forums. Selected a 3100LY expedition from EDSM returning later docking overnight at Baille City sector CD-62 1954. Need to work on boosting, no boost out in the black not so bad space side but not so good planet side.
Image


“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

i