So the two most talked about \ claimed effective Empire grind options via ground assaults are HIP 10716 and Cubeo
This thread is referring to those methods, rather than bounties, smuggling, space combat methods etc. Happy to take private messages about other recommendations, but prefer to keep this thread on-point about these planetary assault methods.
Combat rank - Competent
Explorer - Trailblazer
Trade - Entrepreneur
My Priorities in Grinding rep - Rep % vs Time required, with credits earn't (or spent\lost) being secondary.
1. HIP 10716 - Where I started, grinding to Baron. Took some time but felt it was reasonable, but missions did seem to take a long time to respawn in the BB, including rotating, logging off, logging off to desktop and cycling each and every mode including 5 different private groups.
2. Cubeo - More "fun" but not sure if the additional time flying around and longer base assault = more rep/power. Went here after Baron as HIP 10716 seemed to be getting a little slow and lots of people talking about Cubeo.
REP Time (Baron onwards)
As mentioned, already at Baron .. so lets start there as we all know missions are worth less and less as you rank up.
Baron (5%) to Count 20% took 24hrs of play time all at Cubeo, spread across 3 days real world, 3 x 8hr stints.
So Nearly 215% full levels plus 15% + margin of difficulty increase for Viscount and Count but lets work on 215%.
- 215% / 24hrs = 8.95% per hour of play.
- occasional charity missions, maybe 10 at most in the whole 24hr period.
Starting at Count 20% - returned to HIP to test REP returns over time
3 hrs of play - (2 X 1hr 20mins stacking and 10 mins for mission completion and return\handing approx) - 11% increase
- 11% / 3hrs = 3.68% per hour
- no charity missions (ever) for me at HIP 10716
Seems pretty clear that at least in my case, with my RNG odds - the mission spawns and time taken - Cubeo is better place to be currently.
Note:- we are excluding the rep cost increase from baron to Viscount then Count in my testing at HIP, but again - per hour, this simply means Cubeo is more effective. I plan on going back to Cubeo today and do another 3hr of testing.
So .. Question time... I know its a grind, I plenty use to that after playing WOW for 10 years, but
In terms of time taken so far to grind me rep - does this seem average, very slow, or good ?
- I have heard of people going to King in under 2 weeks, 3-4hrs per night?
- Its taken me weeks of 3-4 hrs per night to get Baron, and a solid 24hrs just to get to Count....
- How are others tracking? Does my time stats seem good or bad? Any way to improve things?