Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Reminder for when 2.2 drops tomorrow

Postby Loriath » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:11 am

SkyBreach wrote:very useful, thanks Loriath.

Your Welcome, but this thread is a little old.
Well most of the info holds with the new update for 3.0 coming, but there are new keybinds coming as well. These are for Galnet Audio. Soon we will need 2 keyboards for the Keybinds. :P

I still suggest backing up your Keybinds files. Very important if you have heavily customized ones that are not the standard layout. Loosing them sucks, I know from Experience.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

SkyBreach
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SkyBreach

Postby SkyBreach » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Loriath wrote:

Well most of the info holds with the new update for 3.0 coming, but there are new keybinds coming as well. These are for Galnet Audio. Soon we will need 2 keyboards for the Keybinds. :P

I still suggest backing up your Keybinds files. Very important if you have heavily customized ones that are not the standard layout. Loosing them sucks, I know from Experience.

Yeah sorry thats true. The fun fact was I thought you talked about Beyond update. I realized that it was the old 2.2 few minutes after posting. The funny thing is that your advice works too for Beyond, as you say. It was like a warning light in my head, since last week I completely formatted my computer and lost the configuration of the graphics and all my custom keys, that was the worst. Elite:Beyond arrives in three days so is a good time for a backup, I Already compressed the whole folder in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options in a handy .zip just in case, rename it with the date and move an aditional copy to a external drive.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:21 am

Loriath wrote:

This is probably something that happens because you haven't renamed your bind files and it's just called "custom", I have never lost a binding setup, it's been deselected but never deleted or overwritten.
But then again I have renamed my blank slate bindings to "CH-PRO-VR.1.6" or something, yes I got my own version scheme going.
This has also the benefit of showing up in the control setup drop-down.

Naturally backing up files like these are a good idea, DO IT !, it depends a little as well, but so far in the past I have found the ED patcher a tad wonky, and a bit slow.
So for me often just deleting\uninstalling the entire game, then downloading fresh has been much more reliable and hassle free.
It might be a larger download, so if you are on a metered connection this is terrible advice, but for the last few patches this has been an ongoing issue.

Especially with people on less than stellar connections has had redownload patch multiple times to try and get the game working, but not being able to, downloading fresh install might be a few gig's more than a patch, but not if you have to download the patch five times over.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:33 am

Yep....Just manually backed up my bindings and HUD details as well as through EDConfig.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby *Al* » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Yep....Just manually backed up my bindings and HUD details as well as through EDConfig.....

Did you though?

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Yep......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Trying to raise the dead through Necrothreadonomy? ;) :D
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Discussion”