How are you all interacting with other mobius players?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
firstblood754
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Firstblood 754
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

How are you all interacting with other mobius players?

Postby firstblood754 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:51 pm

Hello all,

Just a little about me...I am new to the Mobius group. I have been playing ED solo for about 3 months. Just sold my Cobra MK III (was doing cargo transports), and bought a Dolphin which I love. Just started doing personnel transports, along with cargo.

Anyway, my question to you all is: Are you interacting with other Mobius members? If so - how? I am very excited to finally move off solo play - and love the philosophy of Mobius. But I am not sure how to interact with other members. I know there is a Teamspeak channel, along with Discord - but i feel a little lost as to how I should be utilizing them. Additionally, I am curious how you guys are interacting "in-game". Hence, I still feel like i am playing "solo".

Any advice on ways you guys are interracting with other Mobius members would be great!

Looking for some friends to discuss strategies, ships & builds, upgrades, exploration, missions and other ED stuff with...

Thanks!

Commander Firstblood754

Mike Mayhem
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mike Mayhem
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: How are you all interacting with other mobius players?

Postby Mike Mayhem » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:18 am

So far I've only interacted with people at community goals for bounty hunting. There's one right now, I have run into several commanders there, at LFT 1442 High Res (the CG is actually at Othime, LFT is next door). Just send a wing invite and you can team up. Some cmdrs are chatty, some we've done a whole session without a word until a goodbye at the end. I usually enjoy it either way.

I actually hopped on just now to see if anyone wants to hit the haz res. I feel like those need to be set up in advance, as haz res is not usually efficient solo. Taking a quick break, but will be in that system most of the night if anyone wants to join (Mobius America, PC).

The only other place I've seen anyone is at the thargoid attacked stations, but it's usually just a "hello" since you can't really do much there but get in each others way.

Edit: If all you've got is a dolphin and are doing cargo and transport, then BH probably isn't an option. They just came out with wing cargo missions though, you could try finding people to wing up for those. I'd be down to hop in my haulerconda and wing up for some once this CG is over.

Mynx
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mynx
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Mynx » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:41 am

Around the mobius objectives chances are good that you'll meet another CMDR. You can try Azrael System and it's surroundings, I've yet seen a few players there. Otherwise to contact s.o. specific I'd try discord.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:50 am

Discord is a great place to see who's in the game 'live' when you are, and potentially wing up or at least interact with others. There has been quite a bit of chatter on our 'wingman wanted' discord channel lately with the BH CG that Mike mentioned above, as well as players looking for wingmates to take on winged cargo or assassination missions.

A link to our discord server is in the top menu, on this page.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Tom Derrick
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Tom Derrick

Postby Tom Derrick » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:54 pm

I have to say, I haven´t interacted a lot with other Mobius players yet.
English is not my native language and I´m generally a rather shy person, so I don´t really feel comfortable to talk on discord.
Also, I play mostly in VR, so text chat is also a bit difficult.

But I met another player at one of the guardian ruins, and we helped each other out with scanning all the stuff and fighting the sentinels. That was fun.

Edddelos
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Edddelos
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Edddelos » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Greetings Cmndr.
My tip for meeting Cmndrs is this post here on this forum, you can post for BH.

Not sure if Xbox has a mobiuspve community wall like PS, post on there.

Thirdly, FB Mobiuspve community wall.

Those are the ones that I've used, have a team now, but still recruiting, can never have too many.

Hope thats helpful

firstblood754
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Firstblood 754
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby firstblood754 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks for all the good advice from those of you that left a reply. Fyi - I have made triple the $$$ in a quarter of the time transporting passengers in my Dolphin. What a great Ship!

Cypher516
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cypher516
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Cypher516 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:26 am

firstblood754 wrote:Thanks for all the good advice from those of you that left a reply. Fyi - I have made triple the $$$ in a quarter of the time transporting passengers in my Dolphin. What a great Ship!

Love that ship. I just bought into it recently as well and am impressed with how much the ole girl earns for me. Gives me a smile ... and loot ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:14 pm

My experience has been pretty much the same as Mike Mayhem, in that ive done a few CG's and have had the opportunity to wing up with other players there and bounty hunt in groups which has been fun.

My interactions have been limited though and i havent really gone out of my way to find others to interact with. Have engaged in a bit of text chat with people i come across but its mostly hi and bye! I find the text box awkward and annoying which doesn't help - perhaps invest in a headset which might make it easier to communicate?!

Fly safe CMDR o7

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice
CMDR: yah-ta-hey

Postby yah-ta-hey » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:05 am

[quote="firstblood754"]Hello all,

Just a little about me...I am new to the Mobius group. I have been playing ED solo for about 3 months. Just sold my Cobra MK III (was doing cargo transports), and bought a Dolphin which I love. Just started doing personnel transports, along with cargo.

Anyway, my question to you all is: Are you interacting with other Mobius members? If so - how? I am very excited to finally move off solo play - and love the philosophy of Mobius. But I am not sure how to interact with other members. I know there is a Teamspeak channel, along with Discord - but i feel a little lost as to how I should be utilizing them. Additionally, I am curious how you guys are interacting "in-game". Hence, I still feel like i am playing "solo".

Any advice on ways you guys are interracting with other Mobius members would be great!

Looking for some friends to discuss strategies, ships & builds, upgrades, exploration, missions and other ED stuff with...

Thanks!

Commander Firstblood754[/quote
Greetings,
CMD Yah-ta-hey here in the mobius USA group.
I like to interact with players in this group but the crickets are really deafening out here. The ones (very few) often don't respond even with a Hi message, but that is okay, I grew up to crickets and cicadas chirping away.
"I WISH I WAS A SPACEMAN, THE FASTEST GUY ALIVE" BUT I AINT .
with apology to fireball XL-5. :)

Return to “General Discussion”