Community Support for the game and it's features
macallen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Macallen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Ram Tah, Guardian Structure Data, and Delivery of Said Data

Postby macallen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:19 pm

On 27 Feb 3304, Ram Tah ask commanders to fly out to three star systems and poke around some new guardian structures for data. Any data found, he'd like returned to him at Phoenix Base.

So, I did that. Flew out there and spent several days poking around guardian structures, activating terminals, talking to some giant floating balls, and getting all sorts of data.

So, I flew back to Meene and landed at Phoenix Base and talked to Ram Tah...and he doesn't say a thing about all this cool new guardian data and blueprints I've gathered up.

What am I missing?

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent
CMDR: bl00dh0und9
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Re: Ram Tah, Guardian Structure Data, and Delivery of Said Data

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:04 am

Did you get the mission before heading out, or did you just head straight there from the note on GalNet?

I did the latter, than I discovered there was a mission while poking around the Canonn website. If you accept the mission there are i believe 28 data logs to collect.

You may only be able to get the mission by docking at any station in Meene but his.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:16 am

I did the same. I saw the Galnet arty, checked for cg's (none at Meene), and headed out. Same result basically, although there were no orbs to be found at the Snuffy site, so I didn't get much anyway (bug?). Add the fact that Canon has already solved everything, and I'm once again completely disinterested while hardly participating. Meh.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:53 am

bl00dh0und9 wrote:Did you get the mission before heading out, or did you just head straight there from the note on GalNet?

I did the latter, than I discovered there was a mission while poking around the Canonn website. If you accept the mission there are i believe 28 data logs to collect.

I did this, too. I was off in some odd corner of the bubble, and flew out to Synuefe EU-Q c21-10 after reading the Galnet article. Afterward, I flew back to Phoenix and still don't know what to do with this data.

One extra thing is that I had not yet unlocked Ram Tah; I had only delivered 31 of the 50 classified scan banks that he wanted. So, I flew over to an Outbreak station, found the rest, and came back to Phoenix but no luck.

bl00dh0und9 wrote:You may only be able to get the mission by docking at any station in Meene but his.

I thought that might be the case, so I flew up to Felice Dock, but still didn't see a mission. Maybe tomorrow.

At least I had a little fun driving around the ruins for a while.

Jameson & Son are my copilots

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:14 am

if it works like Palin. the hand in would be in the dock. via the mission board.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:42 pm

For the first mission it didn't automatically get sent to me when docked, the first time (at Felice). So I just left the station and redocked, and there it was.

Tor brings up a good point too of checking the mission board(s).

macallen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Macallen

Postby macallen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Well, to be clear, I am not talking about the "Decoding the Ancient Ruins" mission, which gets auto-handed to you when you dock at Felice. I've done that before. I presume the new mission would be something like "Something-something the Guardian Structures".

I tried docking and re-docking at Felice. No luck.

Le Sigh.

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Update:
Available from Mitchell or Weber.
The mission is called Decrypting the guardian logs.
Want more info? Including full walk through.
https://canonn.science/codex/ram-tah-de ... dian-logs/

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:32 am

Yeah, I dunno. I went to Felice today, and I'd swear the message that came up had the same text you are saying comes from Mitchel and Weber. Maybe it is?

Anyway, I decided to browse around two of the guardian sites and get whatever data/mats I can. I'm not a completionist, so not doing them all will not bother me. It's more of a case of just 'checking it out' for me now.

I'm not even sure why I'm gathering the mats, as the blueprints are supposed to be 'hens teeth' in rarity. I don't think I have the care factor to go through that.

edit* 6 mar: so I have the "decoding the ancient ruins" mission. I went to the col sector guardian site, put the right two items in my srv, scanned the obelisk, and...nothing...patter gamma, or pattern alpha. Nothing about the ram tah mission...no email, no update in the mission on the transaction tab...nothing. Gonna try in private group instead of solo, when that doesn't work, I give up.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:25 am

bl00dh0und9 wrote:Update:
Available from Mitchell or Weber.
The mission is called Decrypting the guardian logs.
Want more info? Including full walk through.
https://canonn.science/codex/ram-tah-de ... dian-logs/

Yeah, I guess I should have listened to Obsidian Ant, who said you should go to Mitchell Dock (or one of the other ones but not Felice).

https://youtu.be/h6bWVOoqIhA
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Return to “Gameplay and Features”