Trader Talk
Anthony Jones
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Anthony Jones
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: General trading thoughts and tips

Postby Anthony Jones » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:37 am

CMDR_COENEN wrote:You can even get more on a T6.

You can actually get 112 without shields and 104 with size 3 shields to cover any bumps.

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Anthony Jones wrote:
CMDR_COENEN wrote:You can even get more on a T6.

You can actually get 112 without shields and 104 with size 3 shields to cover any bumps.

Shields are advisable, or extra care to be taken. Bumping can cost you 400,000 credits worth of cargo. Which is what I lost earlier. :(

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:04 pm

That must have been one spectacular bump!

The only time I've died (in gamma), I bumped (boosted) into the slot (actually just below the slot) while exiting a station - and my shields didn't help. :oops:
It's time to give this another go.

Behest
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Behest

Postby Behest » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:50 pm

I'm currently doing some rare trading in a type 6 in preparation for an Asp - I see the Asp as the next ship up from the Cobra that allows you to do a bit of everything with one ship without being locked into a single predominant role.

On my travels I found some useful resources I'd like to share here (hope this is allowed?) Also apologies if these have been posted already somewhere on these forums.

Trading ship comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HWGpaE1Zas

Elite: Dangerous Trader's Bible: http://imgur.com/a/XxdyK

How to find profitable trade routes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXyYykbk07A

How to trade rares once youre at a Cobra / Type 6 (I'm using the Lave <-> Torach Tor one and its doing quite well, around 2-2.5m per round trip): https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=84884

Hope these are of some help.

Any of our traders here have any advice from Asp onwards?

Dock safely :twisted:

Behest

CMDR Beanbags
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Beanbags

Postby CMDR Beanbags » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:38 am

Hi Guys

Right now in some High Tech systems there are having some USS type instances where some T9's are looking for luxuries. Buy your Performance Enhancers from the nearest station, speed over to the instance (usually within 30ls) drop out, pull up along side the T9 and the trade happens automatically. Rince/repeat. Last night I got 2 million in 1.5 hours in a T7. Quick, safe and low cost !!

And that was in a system with a medium supply of PH's so was making about 750 per tonne, if you can find a high supply and have bigger margins you will make much more !!!

Beanie.

Niddi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Aske

Postby Niddi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:46 am

It is a nice alternative, but I think it's only viable if you manage to find a supply of Performance Enhancers with a low buy price. Otherwise the profit / hour will be too low compared to a normal trade route.
What I'm interested in is finding other Traders like these. I've read that there are supposed to be Traders that buy Battle Weapons. Has anyone encounterd such a Signal Source?

CMDR Beanbags
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR Beanbags » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:39 am

Niddi,

Yes there are, but my understanding is that they are in USS points, which are random. Its pot luck! You could spend a long time looking for them and also have the chance of dropping in on Pirates.

Niddi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Aske

Postby Niddi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:50 am

Ah, ok. I was under the impression that they would appear in civil war regions as opposed to the "Seeking Luxuries" Traders, who appear in Economic Boom regions.

CMDR Beanbags
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR Beanbags » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:19 am

I use a crowd sourced database called Thrudds Elite trading tool. I used to fly around in my cobra to find nice profitable runs then then buy a T6 / 7 at the nearest high tech system. But it was such a time sink. I fell for the tool and to be honest, its really helpful. You can search for the most profitable bi directional trade route within a search radius of one system with min/max just distances, filter by ship size etc etc. I can quickly find the best route closest to the system i am at. I often find 6-700k profit round trips for my T7.

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:53 am

600-700k?! Oh my.... I have to try that tool too.

Return to “Trader Talk”