CMDR Red_Rayvin Hello all

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
jbartoli
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RED_RAYVIN
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CMDR Red_Rayvin Hello all

Postby jbartoli » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Hello all, just joining my first private group (other then my own personal one). I've heard some good things about this group on Facebook and Youtube and appreciate the opportunity to play PVE with a larger group of players. I tried playing Open Play but didn't enjoy it that much. Most of the players were nice but a few were a little rude and it spoiled it a little for me.

Here is some pertinent information about my playing style.

1. I've been playing for about a month now and enjoy the game very much.

2. Being disabled I have way, way, way too much free time on my hands, so I'm on a good deal of the time and I'd prefer to play with other then alone.

3. I don't have a big ego, I don't know everything in the game, I don't think I'm a great pilot, trader, or explorer but I am learning and enjoy learning more about the game each day.

4. I like meeting new players and helping them with missions and appreciate any help I get from others.

5. I try to participate in Community Goals. I like Combat/Trading/Exploring equally. Not that interested in CQC yet. Right now I'm concentrating on exploring and ancient artifact hunting (I have my Diamondback Explorer up to 38 LY jump range).

6. I don't mind grinding once in a while to get enough credits for my next ship or to build up a current one, but it's not my primary concern. You seem to be able to make good money just through normal missions and CG events.

7. I only have 6 ships so far (Sidewinder, Imperial Eagle, FDL, Type 7, Keelback, and Diamondback Explorer) but plan on getting the Alliance Chieftain when it comes out this quarter. I'd also like to get the Imperial Cutter some day when I can qualify for it. The idea of a carrier in the game is also something I'm looking forward to, but it will probably be untouchable for me for a while.

What I like about the game:

- Frontier Development has always been great with space sims, the previous 3 Elite game (well the first was a not technically done by FD, but it was co-made by it's founder). These were outstanding games for their time and changed the space game genre. I enjoyed playing them and even downloaded them again so I could replay them. Their astronomical tracking is great and physics are really fantastic. And you can't beat the view either.

- The tutorial missions are easy to understand and I enjoyed them. I even go back and play the challenges to see if I'm getting better at them.

- The balance of play elements allows for many different styles of play, freebooter, combat pilot, trader, explorer, and pirate to name a few. You can play PVP, PVE or even Role Play if you like.

- The galaxy is so vast it's almost boggles the mind. So much to explore and enjoy. I can't see it getting old and stale anytime soon.

- Updates. Although I'm new to the game, the devs seem are doing a very good job with adding new content and fixing bugs.

- The community as a whole seems great, a lot of people, from different places and backgrounds all drawn together in a game. The player base is not too big, so I'm not noticing a lot of congestion in ports or lag (again I'm new so maybe their is some and I'm just not seeing it).

- Play-to-Win not Pay-to-Win mentality. I really like the fact that you can't buy ships or other special item (other then cosmetic). You have to earn them like everyone else. Those who backed the Beta and Alpha periods deserve the little extras they get, but they are far from game breaking in my opinion.

- My only worry is that without any monthly revenues from players (monthly fees), the only influx of cash for the company seems to be through game sales, expansions, and cosmetic purchases for your ships/avatar. I'll be honest, I'd pay a reasonable monthly fee for this game if it means that it will be around for a long time.

Well that's enough from me. Looking forward to playing with this group.

CMDR RED_RAYVIN

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: CMDR Red_Rayvin Hello all

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Red Rayvin.

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:07 am

Welcome CMDR Red_Rayvin
Fly safe and CU in the black Void !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:41 am

Hello and welcome to the group Commander Red Rayvin.

Return to “Introductions”