Do You Like CQC

Discuss CQC and make appointmets for matches.
Cap N Smash
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cap N Smash
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Do You Like CQC

Postby Cap N Smash » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:46 pm

Do you like CQC? DO you want to play CQC more often? Do you..... well do you? I know I do. Do you have issues getting matches? Again, I know I do.

Well my thought is this, why can't we organize and schedule dates and times for people to play, that way not only can we have matches but meet others CMDR's who enjoy CQC? We could all list our CMDR names, time zones, when we are available to play and what type of match we prefer. That way we could see the wheres and whens of everyone, then plan and schedule times to play accordingly. Also if we start to add CQC CMDR's to our friends list we could also have impromptu matches when we have time and just throw invites to people on our friends list, I wish there was a way to mark a friend as a CQC friend as I have friends that don't want to play CQC and may get annoyed by an invite.

CMDR - Cap n Smash
Timezone - Pacific Time (BC Canada)
Available - anytime after 6pm M - F and most anytime on the weekends.
Match type - any (although I prefer Deathmatch)

As a side note with aliens coming to the ED universe I could certainly use the combat practice . Especially since I am an explorer in the main game.
Image[url]

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Re: Do You Like CQC

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:58 pm

I've seen this post for months and felt sorry for it not getting even a single reply. :roll:

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that most Mobius members aren't too interested in CQC. I think I have 15 minutes in so far, but I was thinking of playing it until season 3 came out, and the restarting the main game. I looked at some CQC videos over the weekend and saw, repeatedly, that when one team was getting their asses handed to them, that they would quit rather than finishing the match. That's really disgusting behavior, especially for people seeking PvP. And as far as I can tell, whether your team wins or loses, it doesn't have any affect on your personal stats or advancement - unless, of course, you suddenly find yourself in a 2 against 4 situation and it's now that much harder to get kills.

If that's what CQC is these days, then I guess I'll just stay away. :?

If FD would introduce some severe ranking penalties for quitters, then maybe I'd give it another chance.
It's time to give this another go.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:24 pm

Sorry I am late to this....

No.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:31 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:especially for people seeking PvP.

Yeah that sums up PvP in Elite in my understanding, 'PvP'ers want it - as long as they can win.
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

oscarolim
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: oscarolim

Postby oscarolim » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:19 pm

I think the problem with QCQ is the delays in finding a game and limitations on it.
If they opened the possibility to have private matchmaking and have a smaller player number to start a game, maybe there would be more people playing it.

MentaListo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Menta Listo

Postby MentaListo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:27 pm

I like it, fighters are fun to fly and it is all action

ScytheKnight
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ScytheKnight

Postby ScytheKnight » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:37 pm

I do enjoy it, but yeah... the wait times really kill it, especially in my timezone.

Avramovic
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avramovic

Postby Avramovic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Yeah I adore getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter by guys 40 levels above mine, on those rare occasions anyone actually plays. The only thing CQC is good for is the stupid rank that destroys my viewing pleasure of my "Pathfinder" Explorer rank.

TL;DR: CQC should die in a fire

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:18 pm

CQC is a lot of fun. The levels dont really mean that much, the balancing is pretty good.
There's a whole Discord channel dedicated to ut with a really friendly and helpful bunch of guys in there who are constantly arranging matches (within reasonable times).
And just because you won't take the time to improve your abilities or even if you genuinely don't like it, doesn't mean it should be killed

Return to “CQC Discussion”