Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
CMDR HITCHMAN
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: HITCHMAN
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby CMDR HITCHMAN » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Hello,

I'm so pleased someone linked me to this group. I really want to play in open but got fed up of being attacked near Community Goals, so I have stuck to playing in Solo. Some of my mates used to play with me but they've moved on to other games :(

Hopefully I can make some new friends here :)

I'm currently grinding my naval rank to get some better ships.

See you out there :D

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby lafzy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi All

I'm George, from London, UK. My username and CMDR name is Lafzy. I remember being blown away by Elite in the 80's on my Atari ST and just had to get it again this time round! Well i wasn't disappointed and have been playing it for around 3 months or so now pretty much every spare moment i get!

I started in solo but have played in open for a while now, save for CG's where i switch back to solo.

Ship-wise I tend to alternate between my Python and my FDL, although i do have an Asp outfitted for exploration and kept my original sidewinder, which i take for a little spin every once in a while!

I prefer PvE to PvP as im ok with, but not particularly into combat, and hate the idea of being forced to fight if i dont want to. Thankfully haven't come across any gankers out in open yet, but keep reading a lot about them and hate the idea of someone just coming along and ruining my game for their twisted satisfaction.

I haven't yet played in a wing or teamed up alongside other CMDR's but do like the idea and thought that this would be a great place to start, with a group of like minded individuals.

I liked the idea of a community like this where you can play your game without others spoiling it and with the knowledge that any CMDR's i come across are more likely to be friend than foe. Look forward to seeing you all out there in the big black!

Regards

George

PS - AM a massive Red Dwarf fanboy - anyone else noticed the odd reference and nod to Red Dwarf? My favourite was having to fight a wing of 2 NPC's called Bindi Bhaji and Tarka Dall! Was almost a shame to take them down!

Saucer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Saucer

Postby Saucer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:54 am

228 Pages later...

Hi All - Name is Chuck
In Game - CMDR Saucer

Have been playing about a year I think. Play with my two brothers - always in private group. Did not want the PVP aspect of it. Read bout this a few months back and thought now that I know how to play a little bit I will give it a whirl with other folks. Just submitted and hope to see somethign soon.

I use HTC Vive with Voice Attack and HCS Voice Packs. Took a little bit of work to get used to it but now ready to play with others. I like to do a lot of exploring and am on my way to my first black hole. Random pick of one just to see if it hasn't been explored. Hope to see you in game.

-Chuck

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:59 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, new commanders.

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Asuradice
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Asuradice

Postby Asuradice » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:34 am

Greetings CMDRs

My name is Richard

Cmdr name Asuradice

Been out in the black for years now, always been a solo player after a few bad experiences in open when I was but a seal cub.

Always wanted to fly with more likeminded cmdrs, somehow never knew about Mobius until now.

Would really like to meet new people to fly around the galaxy with

Cholerix
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cholerix

Postby Cholerix » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been playing Elite for a few months now. Reached trade and exploration elite recently playing mostly solo. I became a bit bored so I thought maybe meeting other players can spice things up. Since I'm not into PvP (aka getting ganked in my stripped down exploration ship) I decided to join mobius.

I got couple question:
1. I only applied for mobius eurasia so far, since I'm not limited to one playstyle. If people go exploring, do they use mobius factions or the normal group?
2. If I wanted to join the Order of Mobius faction at some point, how would I get into the other group? Do I fill the google from again?

Name is the same on every Elite related platform.

See you ingame,
Cholerix

Kaboom
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ka-Boom

Postby Kaboom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi, everyone. I joined up... probably almost a month ago at this point, but kept forgetting to sign on here and introduce myself. I'm Sean, known across most of the internet as "Kaboom" or some variation thereof, and hail within Elite: Dangerous (PC/Steam) as Commander Ka-Boom.

My reason for joining the Mobius group is probably the same as most other people: because I am 1,000,000% done dealing with murderous griefers in Open Play. I'm in this game almost entirely for casual exploration and other leisurely activities, and I'm not the type of player who spends immense amounts of time earning 100,000,000 CR per week or something. So it's unbearably frustrating to lose a tenth of my in-game net worth rebuying my multi-purpose Python after some abhorrent twat in a tricked-out Corvette decides to interdict and wreck me out of the blue because he apparently gets off on other people's misery, or something.

So... obviously, I'm immensely glad to leave all of that behind for good. I look forward to running Community Goals and stuff with you guys like I already have been for the last couple weeks.

braveryhawk
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Devlamynck

Postby braveryhawk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Good day, Commanders!
My in-game alias is CMDR DEVLAMYNCK

I'm happy to see PVE-oriented players have their own big group to play together!
I've learned about this group when I was contemplating whether or not to buy ED. I was looking up info on Google to see how the player-to-player situation is. What I learned wasn't all that pretty, as I'm not looking forward to get nuked over my non-existing cargo, but eventually I saw a recommended group; this one!

I'm from one of the Flemish provinces in Belgium and as such English is only my third-most used language. This means that I have a horrible accent so you'll probably not hear me on Teamspeak anytime soon!

My interests in-game are as of yet unclear, as I bought the game just a few days ago. I like PVE combat, as well as the obligatory "start-with-this-because-doing-anything-else-will-have-you-horribly-murdered" data-courier missions.

I really like sleek, super-speedy ships and currently have my goals set to the Imperial Eagle or Imperial Courier.
I hope to have a good time on the private group with all you guys!

So, CMDR Devlamynck singing off. See you in the dark!

frostefglaze
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: frostedglaze

Postby frostefglaze » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 am

Hi I'm frostedglaze, as is my cmdr name, Ive been playing solo mode for a week now and find it very fun and enjoy flying through space for hours on end I have 2 ships the diamondback explorer & now a dolphin. I'm hoping to own an orca on day soon (Sorry for the spell mistake In my forum name my phone has a cracked screen untill I can get it fixed) ......

daathian
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: daathian

Postby daathian » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Hello everyone. I'm CMDR Daathian.

I've been a member of Mobius for what I'm guessing is about two years now. In this time I've been playing Elite on and off, sometimes taking year long breaks in between. I haven't really been paying too much attention to whats going on with the group so it was only today that I realized I should be moving to another group as the original one will be purged. Thats also where I saw the link to this forum thread and I decided to introduce myself.

Looking forward to seeing you out there.

Return to “Introductions”