Rollo Treadway
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rollo Treadway
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Rollo Treadway » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:21 am

I'm exploring.

I was out of the game for a while, busy doing other things, and so this is the first time I've gone off exploring since planetary landings were added. There's something really rather nice in the idea that nobody has ever been on the surface of this planet/moon before; it feels, to me, that this is far more of an exploration than simply going from one system to the next and planting your name on the primary star.

If anyone's interested, I'm in an Asp Explorer that I purchased specially for this trip (whilst my trusty old Clipper sits in storage); I started out towards the bottom end of Imperial space, and am working on a loop via the Pleiades, along the spiral arm, past a system which I bookmarked for reasons I can't remember (so I'm going to go and see what's there, perhaps nothing, perhaps I just bookmarked it by accident, I could search the EDDB but that would spoil the fun), up to Colonia, and then back to my starting point via SagA*.

Currently, about three thousand light years past the Pleiades, so still very much at the beginning of the journey. Space is lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.

Rollo Treadway
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rollo Treadway

Postby Rollo Treadway » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:26 am

And I'm not in any way ashamed to be joining the tourists around SagA*. It's just the way of things. Venice, Macchu Picchu, SagA*. I'll take a selfie there and post it on some intergalactic dating site to prove that I love travelling.

Aiken Drum
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Aiken-drum245

Postby Aiken Drum » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Im on the final leg of my journey from bubble, Sag A*, Colonia and back home (Groombridge 1618). Should be back in a couple of hours.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Just crossed the half way point between Azrael and Beagle Point, now closer to BP than Azrael.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall

Postby Jeffers2112 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 am

Not really interested in all the Thargoid stuff, got a bit bored with trading, so off into the black again in my trusty old AspX "Pelican". Going to try another trip to SagA* via Colonia, might even try for Beagle Point. Last time I did SagA* was before engineering was about, this time my Asp has a tweaked FSD that'll give me 45ly jumps....

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:06 am

DarkMere wrote:I have decided to follow Xebeth and head out to Colonia and back. Exploration is not really my bag, but you have to do it if you want to eventually become Elite at that rank. I have always wanted to venture out to Colonia just once, just so I can say I did it, so it makes sense to do it now while I am trying to rank up. I am currently 10% Pioneer, I am hoping the venture puts me up to, or close to 40%.

Spent a few day pottering around Colonia, landing on the odd planet, tomorrow I will be starting my trip back to the bubble. Just as I left my home system I did think about going to Beagle Point, but I had not got half way to Colonia when I knew that I did not have the staying power for that.

So far my rank has gone up to just over 55%, far better than the 40% round trip I was expecting. I intend to take a few detours on the way back, so you never know :)

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Back in the bubble for this week's CGs; the cockpit view of the Conda still sucks, but I got my commute time from Colonia to the bubble down to about three hours, and I am starting how people can achieve 1.5 hours. Currently grinding more DWE to improve the FSD, 50.1% more optimal mass is good, but 40% more mass hurts.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Kration
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kration

Postby Kration » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:35 pm

I'm in Colonia trying to figure out which stations do what.

I was exploring in my DBX. But I'm now back in the Colonia bubble and am looking to do stuff with an AspX (a mining build) or Viper (a ship I've never really clicked with...).

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:31 pm

I picked up my money from the CG. A nice 55m. Not bad considering my limited playtime over the last week.

Arbalest9
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Aleste Strahl

Postby Arbalest9 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:44 pm

back to my home system... after doing a quick cargo run for OOM.

OT: What is BP?

Return to “General Discussion”