A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

The place for you to catch the latest news
Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby Saberius » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Dear Pilots,
most/some of you will know of the cash cow "Rhea 2.0" in the Upsilon Aquarii system. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hOQoAUtKqk

BUT, do not do missions for the U.A.S
as per the very polite request from the ..er.. "TEA Baggers"... their faction is losing influence and we, as Mobius, shall not ruin another player's fun :)

We've been approached by a player faction and they are asking us to stop doing missions for one particular system faction, as it is doing horrid things to their system influence.

I have no problem in helping out another player group like this, we're MOBIUS PVE, we do not ruin another player's game.
So far be it from us to sway the BGS in such a way that makes it tougher for other pilots.

So please guys and gals, do them a solid, and run passenger missions for anyone else other than the U.A.S and help the T.E.A Baggers out :)

"o7 CMDRs,

I'm CMDR Stoney X-1 with the player faction, The Teaka Elite Altruists Bagging Cooperative (The T.E.A. Baggers) and I have a request for assistance. Seriously, if you could do us a solid favor it would mean a lot.

Recently there has been a popular youtube video posted causing a gold rush for high paying passenger missions delivering from Upsilon Aquarii to Smeaton Orbital in LTT 9360. It is causing havoc for my player faction's BGS.

We have a contingency plan, but long story short it would be great if we could boycott missions from the NPC faction, "Upsilon Aquarii Services". At a minimum accept less missions from them than everyone else.

I'm not asking you to stop, alter your gameplay style or anything, just simply don't take the passenger missions from those guys (Upsilon Aquarii Services). I'm not even asking you to take more for my group. All other factions, are totally OK (except for Upsilon Aquarii Services). As far as I know all the factions are handing out the missions, so it really shouldn't be that big of a deal, just maybe a couple more board hops.

We just need to hold off equalization for a few more days, and we could really use your help.

For those of you who know my player group, you already know that we are always there to help out others. For those who don't, if you ever need a group of altruists specializing in mass loading of rare goods or other difficult to get cargo, feel free to ask the Teaka Elite Altruist Bagging Cooperative for help!"

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby smartroad » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:30 am

There is going to come a point that you won't be able to do any missions anywhere for fear of affecting (effecting?! never sure!) another player faction LOL
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Re: A request from a player faction regarding Upsilon Aquarii passenger missions.

Postby LeDoyen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:37 am

Sometimes you're just at the wrong place at the wrong time ^^

"Oh sure, i'll multiply my money grinding time by 10 to avoid lowering a percentage in your game window guys!"

That could also be called ruining another player's game, depends how you look at it :)

sean_crow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: sean_crow
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby sean_crow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:42 am

I don't think it will work on the long run.
Either this way of making money will be patched out or the player faction needs to retreat from the system.

Mobius could help to retreat.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:53 am

I'm sorry but this is like standing on the field in yellowstone and yelling "get off my lawn!"

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:11 am

Come on guys, its one player faction asking you not to take missions from one faction, in one system because it would ruin something they've worked towards. In much the same way that losing your quince-vette, youve bored yourself to death earning, to a ganker would suck.

And Tor, thats the worst analogy I've heard this week. Its more like being in Yellowstone and asking someone politely to stop standing on your foot.

Yeshe McGermot
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Yeshe McGermot

Postby Yeshe McGermot » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:37 pm

I'll be there over the weekend and, as much as I agree with Bob, I will take this into consideration and be avoiding missions from Upsilon Aquarii Services.
"I can slump on my couch with a beer and chips and no pants on - the typical uniform of any good space trucker."
Joel Peterson, Destructoid

xaero5150
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: xaero5150

Postby xaero5150 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Ok, let's look at this from a reasoned perspective. At issue is the reputation ++ missions that also have influence increases associated. Bulk passenger missions do not increase reputation or influence in a major way and should be reasonably distributed among the various factions. In order to receive the high paying bulk passenger missions, you need to be allied to the power that is offering them. Sure, you can occasionally pick one or two up without being allied, but achieving a full ship of passengers within the delivery windows really requires being allied with the factions.

Here is my issue, if I do 10 rep/influence missions for your faction and 10 rep/influence missions for your rival's faction then my net effect on your influence is zero. Once I achieve allied with both factions, there is no way that I will continue taking data delivery missions when 25 mil missions are reasonably available. Since I will only work to achieve allied with each faction, and the bulk missions should be evenly distributed and of low influence, once allied my contribution to faction dominance is essentially zero. For clarity, lets assume you need 20 rep missions to get to allied, I would need to do 20 missions for each faction and each mission would impart the same amount of influence to each faction zeroing out my impact on system politics. There is one exception, and this works in your favor. When I sell the useless mission "rewards"(pirate bait) or turn in bounty vouchers in a station you control, that has a slight affect to your total influence. Essentially, just having a bunch of players in your system killing pirates on the way to deliver data and selling mission rewards would give you a passive boost to system influence based on your control of the station. Since no one I know would continue doing rep missions once allied, that has a net positive effect in your favor.

What you are requesting is for players to actively support YOUR faction at their own detriment. A significant detriment at that. For one thing you are asking players to walk away from a percentage of the high paying missions(by virtue of not being allied and therefore not being able to accept them) while simultaneously requesting players to spend a significantly longer period board hopping to fill their ships, all while taking advantage of the passive benefits of having a large player base selling commodities and turning in bounties at your station. What do you offer in exchange for the large amount of credits we are to voluntarily forgo by actively working for your faction?

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:25 am

xaero5150 wrote:Ok, let's look at this from a reasoned perspective.

A reasoned perspective is only valid if the data on which it is based are sound. There are a number of errors/misconceptions in your argument.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:24 am

Walter wrote:
xaero5150 wrote:Ok, let's look at this from a reasoned perspective.

A reasoned perspective is only valid if the data on which it is based are sound. There are a number of errors/misconceptions in your argument.

Walter is correct. I don't think you fully appreciate the BGS and are trying to justify shitting on other players for your pretend money gains.

They would not have made the request if they did not feel the 8,000-10,000 ships passing through the system each day were having a negative effect.

Return to “News and Announcements”