Running random missions to Hutton's Orbital hurts our friends.

The place for you to catch the latest news
Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Running random missions to Hutton's Orbital hurts our friends.

Postby Saberius » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:55 am

███▓▒░░ MOBIUS REQUEST ░░▒▓███

From our friends in the Hutton Orbital Truckers: http://huttonorbital.com/
RE: recent intel about doing Sol based data missions to Hutton's Orbital.

** PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS **

This damages our friends The Hutton Orbital Truckers' reputation in their own home system.

Repeat, do not do these missions as it increases Sol foothold in Alpha Centauri.
Not a desired outcome.

The Hutton Truckers **CAN** lose the Orbital, because it is not their only station anymore. Same way Mobius can lose Rafferty's.

If you do want to help the HOT, please run only HOT missions out to Hutton's Orbital.
(No others, as this damages the home system faction influence.)

Feel free to contact the Hutton Orbital Trucker's for information on how to help.

███▓▒░░ MOBIUS REQUEST ░░▒▓███

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Running random missions to Hutton's Orbital hurts our friends.

Postby TorTorden » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Ok I shall stop immediately..

Honestly you would have to pay me $20 in IRL just to get me to go there again.

And that's per trip.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

SockFiddler
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SockFiddler

Postby SockFiddler » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:08 am

Can this operate on some kind of voucher system, where people in the area can apply for a basic minimum of highly-paying missions a day, perhaps off-set by the number of people who aren't running those missions, maybe in a Carbon Emissions Buy Back scheme, but for influence instead of a huge hydro-carbon problem? We could call it the "Notoriety Offset Non-Standard Evaluation Net Score Equaliser" scheme or "NONSENSE" for short.

So, like, Tor wants to take that multi-million credit contract to move tremendous amounts of - let's say - poop from Hutton to the rest of the galaxy but isn't sure whether it would increase this player faction's influence. So he applies for a NONSENSE voucher, off-set by, say, the value of everyone else in the A-Team flatly refusing to either give a crap or be bothered to go all the way out there in the first place. And, after checking the maths, our friends are, like, "Sure! You can have some of our NONSENSE - and lots of poop!" because they're surely crunching the numbers of the situation and realise that a small number of players actively counter-acting the actions of a far larger group of players who just want to make some money while skimming over the butt-hole end of space is definitely going to solve all of their problems.

I think there also needs to be a discussion about what happens if another player faction allied to a different whatever in the area contacts us and asks for help supporting their particular attempt to gain influence and good stuff in that area, and we're all like, "Hey! We're super-nice people! We could totally help you out and only run missions for that faction for a while - let us just put out a Mobius Directive", but - oh balls, helping that player group out would inadvertently mess with the efforts of the first group who contacted us, and now we're all in a pickle and poor Tor is still running poop in an effort to make his fortune on the NONSENSE scheme.

We would be, to put it bluntly, a Dawg with two masters and - as he will tell you - that's not as much fun as it sounds. Though that's partly because Al refuses to share the riding crop and Lori's starting to get impatient, but that's by the by.

My point is...

Tor's full of shit.
"Drink fast, die young"

"You may ask who was wearing the bow tie; me or the shark. The answer is: YES."

Avramovic
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avramovic

Postby Avramovic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:19 pm

So, is it -strictly forbidden- to run missions for 3rd party/parties to Hutton, then? Not strictly related to Sol missions (don't like that dump of a system, anwyay), but more a few other places that offer 1/4 to 1 million credits per cargo mission - which, in case of my Asp Exp, totals to a dozen million C's per run? I mean, not like anyone will give me that money, I have to earn it and I honestly don't care who pays.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:40 pm

Avramovic wrote:So, is it -strictly forbidden- to run missions for 3rd party/parties to Hutton, then? Not strictly related to Sol missions (don't like that dump of a system, anwyay), but more a few other places that offer 1/4 to 1 million credits per cargo mission - which, in case of my Asp Exp, totals to a dozen million C's per run? I mean, not like anyone will give me that money, I have to earn it and I honestly don't care who pays.

No.
Only thing forbidden in any mobius group is shooting people who hasn't agreed to being shot.

What I think is happening here is that a small group of, nice/good guys, whose pet background faction is being influenced negatively by a huge number of players who are simply doing well paying missions.

It's their prerogative to ask, it's mine to laugh in their faces and say boo, freaking hoo.
They have chosen to play this game that way, not succeeding at pushing the massive tide of players who are perfectly in their right to take well paying missions is their problem.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Avramovic
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avramovic

Postby Avramovic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:55 pm

No one ever came to my help. I've gotten myself blown up couple dozen times in Open, Solo and Private group alike, by NPC's and players alike. The only person who, quite honestly and realistically, cares about me is myself (though this, too, is debatable).

So again, why should I care about anyone else? It's a rhetorical question, I know. Don't answer.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Everyone who knows me is aware that I am a lovely nice helpful chap who happens to be making more elsewhere.....

Here is a directive...they can go futter!

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:18 pm

I will just leave this here.....

My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Loriath wrote:I will just leave this here.....

Thank lord for that (I personally have no problem wearing ladies underwear on my head, it's my game! (not necessary my undies mind).

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Sigh, I'm really not sure why we are still having this debate, it has been stated numerous time that these are requests, not orders, not directives, not demands, follow them, ignore them, it's up to each individual Commander to decide.

In this case I'm particularly unsure why a thread that is two months old has been dragged up for it.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “News and Announcements”