Community Support for the machines running the game
HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: There goes the throttle (X55)

Postby HAMM3R » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Well if you lived in Dorset I'd have a crack at it.....

:D

Mere 2000 km away. I'll be there tomorrow :mrgreen:

But yeah, looks like my flying is done for the time being after all. Fired up ED but the throttle lever doesn't respond at all. The ship just starts going backwards at full-esque throttle. Reverse Throttle Toggle doesn't do anything, nor does changing throttle modes (Full Range/Forward Only). Tried binding the reverse toggle to another button as well. No dice.

Strangely enough, ED's controller options recognizes the axis as it should if I try setting it. Also the Saitek software shows the throttle axis (and Reverse Throttle Toggle button) working/moving as it should both in Programming and Calibration tabs. As does the properties/calibration program within Windows.

Bugger.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Check your forward and reverse thruster settings/bindings............

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:55 pm

HAMM3R wrote:Interesting. Now that the throttle is back together I opened the configuration program to double check if the other buttons still work. Turned out the pinky switch works both ways but the rotaries on the throttle stick are dead. I wonder how that's possible. Maybe the wires carry more stuff than just individual button commands.

Oh well, never found use for the top rotary but the lower one was my forward-backward throttle control. Mainly used when landing.

Get yourself the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X. Cheap and rock solid. I glued an odd knob from a broken playstation controller on the hat switch for a more tactile touch. Highly recommended. Never had any issues, never heard of any who had.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Maybe something got tugged out of place when you reassembled it?

I opened my X56 throttle to get rid of that sticky goo and replace with some perfluorinated grease for a "smooth as eggs" action, and i saw it's really easy to pinch something if you dont triple check when putting the thing back together.
Also in the photo, it looks like that blue wire next to the broken green one also got shredded.
Maybe the harness is snapping one wire at a time ^^'

I red about the X55 too, apparently it's pretty common that wires get pinched by the gears and end up snapping with time.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:58 pm

HAMM3R, where do you live?
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R

Postby HAMM3R » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:05 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Check your forward and reverse thruster settings/bindings............

They were all in order. I tried rebinding the reverse thruster to other buttons and switches as well, in case some of the buttons were dead despite working in the configuration software but it had no effect.

LeDoyen wrote:Maybe something got tugged out of place when you reassembled it?

It is possible. I might open it again tomorrow just to check, although I was trying to be careful.

JohnLuke wrote:HAMM3R, where do you live?

That would be Finland.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Cmdr Darkminded
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Darkminded

Postby Cmdr Darkminded » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:25 am

HAMM3R wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Check your forward and reverse thruster settings/bindings............

They were all in order. I tried rebinding the reverse thruster to other buttons and switches as well, in case some of the buttons were dead despite working in the configuration software but it had no effect.

LeDoyen wrote:Maybe something got tugged out of place when you reassembled it?

It is possible. I might open it again tomorrow just to check, although I was trying to be careful.

JohnLuke wrote:HAMM3R, where do you live?

That would be Finland.
Thrustmaster has release a saytek X56 responde, t16000 hotas, my T 10 flight hotas has out lasted most saitek of my friends, and it is much less expensive, so it is possible to do better and cheaper!

Enviado do meu D2403 através de Tapatalk
Viscount Darkminded, Diplomat of the Empire, Preceptor of The White Templars

Return to “Hardware and Technical”